Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Blond-haired Melanesians explained

  • charles bruns
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2012
      blonder and better.  chb

      From: Frode Th. Omdahl <f2@...>
      To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2012 11:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Blond-haired Melanesians explained

      "Anomaly"? "Gene mutation"? I've been blond all my life, and am now getting even blonder every year, What's wrong with that?

      Frode

      Frode Th. Omdahl
      Andrénbakken 10 A
      N-1392 Vettre
      Telefon 66 90 19 41  /  97 09 32 17
      Most AWS members will be at least vaguely familiar with the fact that some South Pacific islanders have striking blond hair.  That anomaly has now been explained as resulting from a single gene mutation, not from prehistoric migration and interbreeding.  The original report is discussed in Science , and I've summarized it in a blog post .

    • Frode Th. Omdahl