Blond-haired Melanesians explained

  • minnesotastan@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2012
      Most AWS members will be at least vaguely familiar with the fact that some South Pacific islanders have striking blond hair.  That anomaly has now been explained as resulting from a single gene mutation, not from prehistoric migration and interbreeding.  The original report is discussed in Science , and I've summarized it in a blog post .
    • charles bruns
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2012
        blonder and better.  chb

        "Anomaly"? "Gene mutation"? I've been blond all my life, and am now getting even blonder every year, What's wrong with that?

        Frode

        Frode Th. Omdahl
        Andrénbakken 10 A
        N-1392 Vettre
        Telefon 66 90 19 41  /  97 09 32 17
        Most AWS members will be at least vaguely familiar with the fact that some South Pacific islanders have striking blond hair.  That anomaly has now been explained as resulting from a single gene mutation, not from prehistoric migration and interbreeding.  The original report is discussed in Science , and I've summarized it in a blog post .

      • Frode Th. Omdahl