Sherm and Ancient Waterways Society

  • TeddyB
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2012
      I just published my findings and the Spes et Fides Stone in www.TemerityMag.com online magazine. Front cover and the article starts on pg. 21. I would be honored if each of you took some time to see what I discovered on that 4 wooded acres adjacent to the KRS park property. Let me know what you think.

      My findings briefly are these:
      -They wrote on everything. I am finding runes on damn near every pebble on this site. I am also noticing that they used clay and ochre to coat these rocks and there probably was runes and drawings on them as well as I found shadow images of runes after the rocks were cleaned off. These rocks were found among the rock effigy formation in caches by larger stones that were seen from surface.
      -They used runes, images, shadow signs and rock formations. Large rock formations to be exact.
      - There is a large fish effigy, what I think is a dolphin I discovered after gps locating all the visible stones on that property. It starts on with its tail on the large hill and goes down through the small valley to the other small mound that is partly on this property. It extends to the property just North of there, but I did not have permission to hunt that property so I was unable as of yet to ad it to the effigy I found on this property.
      -The Spes et Fides stone is a masterwork. It has runes, shadow signs, and images carved into it layered one over the other and depending upon the sun and time of day, each one pops out of the stone, or the stone just lays there looking like any other boulder.
      -I found no metallic objects, probably because this site has been trespassed and hunted a million times before I got there. I also found no pre-American artifacts. No arrow heads, spears, knives or any stone tools that one would recognize as a known tool. At first I thought I was hunting a pre-American settlement and was frustrated at not finding fire pits or artifacts, but now it makes perfect sense.
      -This fish or dolphin effigy stone formation seems to be pointing to something. It may just be a sign or land claim.
      -Other animal imagery that I am finding is the dragon from the front of the Viking ship, a viking dragon boat, bear, falcon, and more. Are these Viking clan coat of arms or mascots if you will?

      Unfortunately the land owner is putting this property up for sale. Or fortunately which ever way you look at it. I will not be working with this land owner as it has been a struggle to say the least and I am not sure what he is up too. I feel as if my greatest find has just been stolen out from under me, but I am instead trying to be thankful for all I have learned. Who knows, maybe someone great will buy the property so I can continue to finish this site in recovery, research and publication. If not, there are thousands of other sites to apply my knowledge gained toward.

      Well, I was trying to be brief and I will leave it at that. Thanks for all your insight and when you are hunting and searching these sites, remember to look everywhere for writing. I am finding runes small enough to be scratched on a baby tooth size pebble. All different rocks are used despite their hardness, color or even texture. The font size can vary and some rocks I have recovered have three different rune font sizes on the same rock all interlaced. Some are chiseled into the stone, scratched or etched. I hope this help you with your next discovery.
    • TRAYLOROO
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2012
        VERY  INTERESTING ... The web site a bit challenging.

        However, let me encourage you, onward with a worthy cause.  Hopefully, for your files, you step back, and back again ... to include a series of photos of the terrain around the subject.  And, of course, GPS readings are a must.

        Additionally, in your notes you  --- MUST ---  include instructions to your executor of about these notes, of where your files and things, where they should go .... to avoid executor using the trash. Such notes should be on light-color paper to easily be stiinguished from all the white paper.

        With your Will, that same color paper should have a note to executor to look for your notes on this paper in your library and your collections ... your estate .... Leave plenty of notes ...

        Believe me, too many valuable collections go to the trash because the survivors have no idea what they are dealing with, or what to do with it ...

        CAL

        =====================

        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2012
          Thanks and I get your point on preservation of notes, files etc. Great advice! This article was initially intended to just be a teaser to let everyone know what I am doing on this property and give them a taste of what I am finding. I do have better video, photo's etc, and gps coordinates, but they were not fitting for this publication at this time. Mainly because the land owner has been a struggle to work with and by breaking our business agreement with putting the land up for sale, I am trying not to let him steal my findings and benefit from them completely. It is a tightrope stroll for sure.

          But I am really excited where this sites experience is leading me onto. It is a very interesting puzzle that seems to pull you in and share with you tidbits here and there but always something to keep going and pushing to complete the quest.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2012
            Apparently you have GPS and all these good details.  Most important is to keep good relations with the land owner.  Hopefully you have a second person that is an "insider" in adventure ... just in case you crash ....  Like insurance on your car, hopefuly you never need it .... but you are VERY grateful if needed .... A second person is your ... and history's .... insurance .... I am wishing you continued good health .. and no broken legs .... etc and etc ...

            Cheers, Cousin CAL

              =====================

            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2012
              Hmmm, I am not sure how to respond to this. Is this a really poor threat? Either way, all the bases are covered. The land owner has his own agenda, and that is his right, it is his land. I brought forth my findings and hope to work with the next land owner or another similar site to test my theories.

              A second person is not so easy to find. I don't know many that are driven and put in the diligence that I do on a site and I know a lot of great relic and treasure hunters. As far as insurance, In today's world, recorded audio, emails, text messages and other information gathering devices are a great insurance when dealing with any business associate.

              The problem was not on my end but on the land owner breaking our agreement by putting the land up for sale among a whole trail of other humorous changes to our agreement depending upon his whim and some really bad advice from others.

              I probably could sue, but not the sue'n type. I believe everythig happens for a reason and when all is said and done, it will work out for the best.

              Sorry if I misunderstood your humor, but in this industry, one never knows.

              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2012
                The "next land owner," that is an interesting possibility, you get an option for "first right of refusal."  If owner wants to sell, you will be first in line .... Record the option at the county court house, county in which the property lies.

                CAL

                ======================

                Where are your children tonight?
                A MUST-SEE VIDEO  click:

                Message 7 of 12 , May 4, 2012
                  I have to credit the land owner, he did give me first option to buy at $50,000 but I am not in a place to raise those kind of funds and keep my business going. In fact, I question if the county that is lusting over this property will actually let the sale go through. There is no access road and the county wants this land so bad you can see them tear up when they were trying to talk the land owner out of it last year. It is very sad if the county gets the property because then we will never know the complete story of this fish stone effigy and these amazing stones. But honestly, I think the owner knew I would not be able to raise the funds and he just needed me out of the way so that he could come through on the other deals he has been doing behind my back. But, to each their own, and I just pray for private land ownership in the next owner. But honestly, my heart is already getting ready for the next site. I don't know if I will ever set foot on that property again. It would like be revisiting where someone stabbed you in the heart. I published some of my finds, and will follow up with more, but I am more interested in the next site. One that I think ties into the things I was finding on this last sight.

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 4, 2012
                    Your first agreement with the owner, is that in writing?

                    Antiquities protection, will state or federal law step in?

                    If the County had it, what then?

                    What are his terms:  $50,000 with owner financing?

                    Can you get that $50,000 in writing ... with three months or so to act on it?

                    Is there a residence on it now; could you move onto that parcel.  Or "no access" you mentioned .... is that what is called "land locked?"  No access without crossing some other owner's property?

                    How close is his price to market value?

                    CAL

                     =================
                       ====================================
                      ============================

                    --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, TRAYLOROO <trayloroo@...> wrote:

                    > The "next land owner," that is an interesting possibility, you get an option for "first right of refusal."  If owner wants to sell, you will be first in line .... Record the option at the county court house, county in which the property lies.
                    >
                    > CAL
                    >
                    > ======================
                    >
                    > Where are your children tonight?
                    > A MUST-SEE VIDEO  click:
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Deb Twigg
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 5, 2012
                      If you contact American Archaeology they will look and consider buying it for preservation purposes. I have contacted them about sites before....

                      Deb Twigg
                      Executive Director
                      SRAC
                      607-727-3111

                      On May 4, 2012, at 9:48 PM, TRAYLOROO <trayloroo@...> wrote:

                      Your first agreement with the owner, is that in writing?

                      Antiquities protection, will state or federal law step in?

                      If the County had it, what then?

                      What are his terms:  $50,000 with owner financing?

                      Can you get that $50,000 in writing ... with three months or so to act on it?

                      Is there a residence on it now; could you move onto that parcel.  Or "no access" you mentioned .... is that what is called "land locked?"  No access without crossing some other owner's property?

                      How close is his price to market value?

                      CAL

                       =================
                         ====================
                    • TeddyB
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 5, 2012
                        The agreement I had was a verbal gentelmans agreement that I would later write down in detail in an email and formalize that way. The trouble is that the other party changed this agreement so regularly that it would be hard to track all the changes and his whims as he figured out he was not going to be drinking out of the Holy Grail anytime soon. I am sure I could win a case, but I am really not the sue'n type. I figure it is almost always not worth my time and heartache even if it means having to walk away like I have.

                        I am not a big fan of Public Lands and don't feel that a county or state would be any better protectors of the property than a terrible land owner who would pave it over and put up a wind mill or something crazy. If it stays in the private sector we have a chance to study and learn what is there. If the county, state or fed step in, then the bureaucrat gets to keep everyone out and put up ball fields to cover up the untidy facts of the site. If they get it then if there is any digging or discovery there is always strings and red tape and careers that could be ruined if they report the truth. Give me a terrible land owner any day of the week over public, county, state or Federal land.

                        $50,000 knowing what is on the land is what I thought would be a great deal. However, the county will not let the land sell. It has no access road and remember the only flat build able land is right on this fish effigy that hopefully you would not want to destroy. The access road is troublesome because the park does not want to give it up, but it is the only route that makes sense along the old logging road.

                        So as I think about it knowing the land owner bought the property for $14,000 or around there, I think the land would have to be bought by someone that wanted to study the stone effigy and possibly dig deep to see if there is really a chamber or ship buried under these hill.

                        For myself, I just don't have the capital to support the purchase and protection of this site. Too many trespassers also. Two stones get defaced and destroyed by vandals or fellow researchers...you take your pick.

                        If I had the money like I will someday, it would still be hard to let it sit in this property and take that capital away from future opportunities that arise with each site I work on.

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 5, 2012
                          I am not a big fan of public land as I said above so this would not interest me and I don't know if it is Native American related even. Especially with the imagery it seems more of a stereotypical depictions of Native Americans than self portraits, but I am just not certain as my time was cut short on this property and my hand forced to publish.

                          Feel free to contact them but I really don't have a lot of faith in entities that have to wait for their grant to come in.

                          But thanks for offering this option as if it did not go against my core beliefs it may have been just what I was looking for.

                          But I don't want to discredit the land owner, it is his property and even if he broke our agreement and made me mad, it is still his property to do with as he sees fit. I may not agree with it and even fight him about it, but I would lay down my life for his right to do with his land as he sees fit, despite my objections.

                          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Deb Twigg <deb_twigg@...> wrote:

                          > If you contact American Archaeology they will look and consider buying it for preservation purposes. I have contacted them about sites before....
                          >
                          > Deb Twigg
                          > Executive Director
                          > SRAC
                          > 607-727-3111
                          > www.SRACenter.org
                          >
                          > On May 4, 2012, at 9:48 PM, TRAYLOROO <trayloroo@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Your first agreement with the owner, is that in writing?
                          > >
                          > > Antiquities protection, will state or federal law step in?
                          > >
                          > > If the County had it, what then?
                          > >
                          > > What are his terms: $50,000 with owner financing?
                          > >
                          > > Can you get that $50,000 in writing ... with three months or so to act on it?
                          > >
                          > > Is there a residence on it now; could you move onto that parcel. Or "no access" you mentioned .... is that what is called "land locked?" No access without crossing some other owner's property?
                          > >
                          > > How close is his price to market value?
                          > >
                          > > CAL

                        • TRAYLOROO
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 5, 2012
                             This land is what we call "land locked."

                            Legally, you can not access it without crossing some other owner's property.  That usualy decreases the price to a fraction of market value.

                            The adjacent land owners could deed to you a driveway across their property.  Or, give you in writing a right to drive across their land.  That would be a Deed, signed by you and the other party, notorized,and filed at the court house of the county in which this property lies.

                            CAL