Re: Fw: [ancient_waterways_society] Re future supervision of this board

  • james m clark jr
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2012
      With AWS Apps added to the site AWS would have an infrastructure to work with additional internet and group options for photos (regarding copyrights or temp images etc), chat (a chat option that wouldn't be sent to every members email an additional plus causing less congestion in group messages such as off topic & group changes etc) ... generally more informative for grouplets and moderators who opt to use special notice or daily digest options via email that can be changed at anytime. This would not only promote creativity for long time members or new members it would be an onsite extention more user friendly than many social media outlets... and ideas, AWS would be less of a "Yahoo! 2000 shell" as Forbes put it recently.

      Without Apps added to AWS AWS will never be as intended user friendly. Polls, Calendar and Conference chat for special guest or events will remain generally useless like many other public & private tech groups at Yahoo!

      Now that Chat is functional in Yahoo Groups we are only a year behind rather than a Yahoo! 2000 shell.

      I don't know about you guy but an in the field link could be quit exciting for AWS or a book review.

      This is what we could have using the current format. Apps would naturally generate interaction and in a short while in the right places at AWS. I am real excited about this because I know of no group that currently uses group options for the whole group except
      my groups I'm trying to revive.

      It takes less than 2 minutes to add all the Apps at the AWS Yahoo!site

      With a little tweeking here and there AWS could really set sail in the right direction.

      be well,
      jamey

      .

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Vincent Barrows <v_barrows@...> wrote:

      > A change in the format from forum to blog is an Idea that I am NOT in favor of; our group has searchable content that is publicly accessible and at anytime members can respond to prior messages. Blogs are much more difficult to respond to anything but the latest comment. Often blog messages are less formal than forum letters. On sending in money,Yahoo is FREE, this is not the purpose of AWS either. I do hope Susan and MinnesotaStan do choose to "stick around".

    • William Conner
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2012
        I also like the present format and think it would be a mistake to change it.

        William Conner

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2012
          I agree William.

          Adding Apps to AWS site wouldn't change anything. it would only organize and improve the current format. The only thing we would have to change is personal email preference for email delivery if we so choose to moderate AWS grouplet progress somewhat like social media outlets do such as Linked In. In many ways Yahoo Group Apps are better and have just as many options if not more.

          be well,
          jmcjr