did you see this?

  • charles bruns
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2012
      ?  under amythest.  chb
    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
        Nice!!

        You said perhaps on a dolmen? What direction is this sun sign facing Charlie. Come across this in S. Am or Cen. Am? I can search group post to find out a little more.

        Very interesting indeed.

        jmcjr

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
          Check with a geologist also, as it may be a fossil.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
            If ten members put in 40 bucks, or  40 members ten bucks, we could get a nice I pad for Suzan English so she could continue the wonderful job she has been doing of getting us all connected.  She is a connection maker for sure.

            Let's hear some feedback, especially from Stan and Vince, the other moderators before we leave this format and become bloggers.
            On Apr 30, 2012, at 6:36 PM, james m clark jr wrote:

            Nice!!

            You said perhaps on a dolmen? What direction is this sun sign facing Charlie. Come across this in S. Am or Cen. Am? I can search group post to find out a little more.

            Very interesting indeed.

            jmcjr

            --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, charles bruns <charbruns@...> wrote:

            > ?  under amythest.  chb

          • charles bruns
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
              believe the rock is igneous (sp) not sedimentary - but then I am no geologist.  thanks for the tip.
              photos by Kerri Jones of TJB Archeological Associates.  photos in close proximity.  Kasey J. is finger & red hat.  chb

              Check with a geologist also, as it may be a fossil.

              On Apr 30, 2012, at 6:36 PM, james m clark jr wrote:

              Nice!!

              You said perhaps on a dolmen? What direction is this sun sign facing Charlie. Come across this in S. Am or Cen. Am? I can search group post to find out a little more.

              Very interesting indeed.

              jmcjr

              --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, charles bruns <charbruns@...> wrote:

              > ?  under amythest.  chb

            • TRAYLOROO
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
                Great idea, why didn't I think of that .....

                I will do half, $200.  When the other half shows, I suggest Susan go to her store of choice.  Store phone each of us to make charges to each of our credit cards.  Or ... what ever way you sugest .   CAL

                  =======================

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
                  Thank you for the kind thought once again, Ted, but absolutely not.
                  I have an iPhone and an iPad from birthday presents from my children the past couple of years. My mention of only having an iPad is that  just I could not be host.  I am unable to format or make up the hopefully helpful  AWS welcoming letters with paragraphs and links from approximately twenty- five of you volunteers, as I used to.  As a co- host my main role has been with membership and making interconnections, hence why most of my posts are more relationship- oriented than research-based. And I appreciate members being tolerant of such posts, and my biases and push toward global waterways and international membership rather than strictly US or 'American'.

                  I do like the idea of a blog, too, if it didn't become a superficially chatty avenue filled with slang, acronyms and computer jivebthst most of us would not understand. I'd hope most members would follow reasonably  topics related to the main purposes suggested for this group.

                  Assuming this will be under discussion for awhile,I would like to know more about the feasibilities of photos and files in relationship to  a blog or forum, compared to what we have now. I liked Steve Garcia's suggestions, and always have enjoyed his input....-as a very early member here.  I am hoping he, maybe with input from Pam Giese (since she at one time was working on setting up an AWS site years, at my request, some time before Stan created the excellent group we have now.

                   But with Vince, Charles, and perhaps Ted or Martin co-hosting this AWS Yahoogroup and a new AWS blog added as an alternative via Steve Garcia (et al) overseeing, Iyhis would give our fairly large membership choices to choose either, both, or neither.

                  Maybe what i suggest here is too complicated.   I am in the middle if an evening work shift pecking in the semi- darkness on an iPhone. But wanted to Post immediately BEFORE ANYONE HERE PULLS OUT YOUR CHECKBOOKS!
                  Pardon if typographical errors here.  Continuing suggestions welcome, but on other thread.
                  Thank you,
                  Susan

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
                    Thank you also for your generosity, too, dear longtime member and friend, Cal.  But once again, never!  You always provide wisdom and fine input to the group.  I value your comments on this matter, too. Do you think it advantageous for this group to have a Yahoogroup and blog simultaneously?  I've not discussed ur with the host-co-hosts, but I'd think that eventually the groups would go viably in their own directions...
                    Susan

                    --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, TRAYLOROO <trayloroo@...> wrote:

                    > Great idea, why didn't I think of that .....
                    >
                    > I will do half, $200.  When the other half shows, I suggest Susan go to her store of choice.  Store phone each of us to make charges to each of our credit cards.  Or ... what ever way you sugest .   CAL
                    >
                    >   =======================
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • james m clark jr
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 30, 2012
                      Recall the old days when Aol, Juno and MSN use to give the disc away like internet golden candy suckers a dazzling illuminating spectrum of colored light.... that trend seems to be starting again with Juno and Net Zero but this time attracting the web 2.0 users. Forbes said of Yahoo! that it is still in it's 2000 shell....that may be true if Yahoo! Apps isn't updated.

                      At any rate phone companies are still trying to hang in there also. Not sure of the latest buzz but AT&T has a fair deal for high speed cordless internet service that is less than 15 buck a month in the south. Phone companies also had an advantage 2 3 4 people could be online at the same time on the same account... then don't know about now.

                      be well,

                      > Thank you also for your generosity, too, dear longtime member and
                      > friend, Cal. But once again, never! You always provide wisdom and fine
                      > input to the group. I value your comments on this matter, too. Do you
                      > think it advantageous for this group to have a Yahoogroup and blog
                      > simultaneously? I've not discussed ur with the host-co-hosts, but I'd
                      > think that eventually the groups would go viably in their own
                      > directions...Susan
                      > --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, TRAYLOROO
                      > <trayloroo@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Great idea, why didn't I think of that .....Â
                      > > I will do half, $200.  When the other half shows, I
                      > suggest Susan go to her store of choice. Store phone each of us to
                      > make charges to each of our credit cards.  Or ... what ever way
                      > you sugest .  CAL       Â
                      > Â Â Â

                      > > Â Â

                    • charles bruns
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                        dolmen in Minnesota.  Unfortuately this is a spot a compass will not work.  The Kelso dolmen has been measured to create a 180' deviation - IT is magnetic north to any compass near it.  My estimation is all sun signs I have seen area looking south.  I feel this one has more to do with the deposit of amethyst which was removed.  chb