July 5th, 2007 Segment

  • Rick Osmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007

      Dear Loopers,

      Judi Rudebusch and Steve Hilgren join us this week in discussions about possible Norse and or Viking visitation to the upper Midwest.
      Steve has been investigating  a grouping of stones he found that display apparent astronomical alignments, a metal artifact associated with a "mooring stone", and other evidence. Judi will report about a recent visit by an Icelandic researcher, Valdimar Samuelsson (who may be a guest later), who is researching how the Kensington Rune Stone may have actually been intended as a boundary marker as was used in that century and how that might be verified.

      Some of Steve's work is documented here. Judi sent me a news release about Valdimar's visit (attachment)

      In other news, the oopaloopacafe web site is progressing nicely. I thought for a time today that I had lost all the work I had put into it, but then discovered it wasn't eaten by this dog of a computer, merely misplaced...so my thirty plus hours of work - and my hair - are still intact. I don't yet know when the site will launch, but it's looking like some time after August 1st. It will include links to all the archived shows (even the ones that have dropped off blogtalkradio's listing), info about each segment, links to guests' sites or books, newsgroup links, contact info, guest background, upcoming shows, and some "neat stuff".

      I hope you can join in the discussion this Thursday at midnight eastern, 11 central.

      If at any time you no longer wish to receive these weekly reminders, simply reply to this email and I will reluctantly and gently remove you from the list.

      Your host
      Rick Osmon, aka Oz

      Call in during show (646) 652-2720

      IM to "oopaloopacafe" on Yahoo Messenger or Windows Live messenger, during show

      Mobile (not during show, please) (812) 259-1102