Re: [ancient_waterways_society] 2012: The Mayan Word documentary

  • Larry Hancock
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2012
      Thank you.

      --- On Sun, 4/22/12, Susan <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

      From: Susan <beldingenglish@...>
      Subject: [ancient_waterways_society] 2012: The Mayan Word documentary
      To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 9:54 AM

      Excellent documentary probably far more reflective of current realities of 2012, by contemporary Mayan people's telling their stories and sharing ancient wisdoms.
      I have traveled to Mexico and particularly the Yucatan Peninsulanover the past couple of decades.  There is a glimpse of me at the beginning of this film, and I was helping at one of the 3012 conferences that had Spanish speaking speakers or Mayan representatives close to the lands and common peoples, traditions.
      I was likely the only staff member who did not stay at the resorts, but rode city buses and cooked, ate, bunked with Mexican and international travelers in simple hostels..  I hope many of you can appreciate this film which, to me, seems more representative of a current 2012 momentum, and historic and ancient legacies than much of what I have been seeing via Diffusionist, Archaelogical, and certainly metaphysical circles .   Susan

      http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/2012-mayan-word/