Re: Re chicken bones and ancient waterways

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
      Stan,

      Thanks for sending the post. I've spoken with Steve Garcia at World
      Explorers Club (WEX) meetings in Kempton, Illinois, David Hatcher-
      Childress' home base, clubhouse, and bookstore. Member Pam Giese from
      the Ancient Waterways group first told me about the annual Spring WEX
      conferences, I've missed the last two, and the Kempton conference was
      not held this past Spring.

      I no longer have Steve's email address, but please thank this fine
      researcher for his thought-provoking comments. We'd love to have him
      join this group and keep us updated on activities in his neck of the
      woods, also more about the book "1421".

      Susan

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "minnesotastan"
      <minnesotastan@...> wrote:

      > (this post arrived in my mailbox but didn't show up on the board, so
      > I've "transplanted it here" for others to view.
      >
      > stan
      >

      > Questions/comments arise:
      >
      > 1. "DNA extracted from the bones also matched closely with a
      > Polynesian breed of chicken, rather than any chickens found in
      Europe.

      > Polynesia was settled by sailors who migrated from mainland
      Southeast