Re chicken bones and ancient waterways

  • minnesotastan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
      (this post arrived in my mailbox but didn't show up on the board, so
      I've "transplanted it here" for others to view.

      stan

      Questions/comments arise:

      1. "DNA extracted from the bones also matched closely with a
      Polynesian breed of chicken, rather than any chickens found in Europe.

      Polynesia was settled by sailors who migrated from mainland Southeast
      Asia, beginning about 3,000 years ago."

      ---There is nothing in this that rules out a Chinese origin. If
      people came to Polynesia bringing chickens, then the chickens that
      have Polynesian DNA also have DNA that could match to some degree
      with Chinese chickens.

      2. "We cannot say exactly which island the voyage came from. The DNA
      sequence is found in chickens from Tonga, Samoa, Niue, Easter Island
      and Hawaii,"...

      ---Again, there is no evidence in the article that they looked for
      Chinese chicken DNA sequences.

      I forwarded this article to www.1421.tv, the web site of Gavin
      Menzies and the book "1421". They were appreciative. That book is
      awesome - answering so many things in ways no one could have
      imagined, such as why the Piri Reis map shows Antarctica's coast
      unglaciated. Occam's razor...

      Steve Garcia
      Cary, IL
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
        Stan,

        Thanks for sending the post. I've spoken with Steve Garcia at World
        Explorers Club (WEX) meetings in Kempton, Illinois, David Hatcher-
        Childress' home base, clubhouse, and bookstore. Member Pam Giese from
        the Ancient Waterways group first told me about the annual Spring WEX
        conferences, I've missed the last two, and the Kempton conference was
        not held this past Spring.

        I no longer have Steve's email address, but please thank this fine
        researcher for his thought-provoking comments. We'd love to have him
        join this group and keep us updated on activities in his neck of the
        woods, also more about the book "1421".

        Susan

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "minnesotastan"