Re: The Prince of Wales in 1170-1190 Madoc/Madog

  • james m clark jr
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 7, 2012
      Ixquick's search engine rates the following link at 3 stars for most visited site.

      http://kingarthurslegacy.com/

      Perhaps it is a good time to bring this up again, I have yet found a a maternal link to this so called prince. There is a Madoc that was an heir much later who could have made such a claim as a claimant, although I am not even aware that he ever did in all his living days.

      I can only assume that this is a modern projection for I have yet seen an anglo saxon chat that even includes a Madoc or Madog in it.
      Perhaps one of the latter day Princes will include maybe one spoken of in the long list of heirs uttered... But even if the record exists online it wouldn't seem to include a non apparent trans-Atlantic Prince or even an heir... Perhaps this is merely a trans-Atlantic title only possible in a land not of their own but welcome nevertheless as a claimant which would have granted passage and apparently a sense of settlement.

      privite Yahoo! group:

      Aug.9, 2011

      Jamey,
      I'm not sure what you've got here. Did Oconostota make some statement about Moon-eyed people and Madoc? This pedigree link you listed was for Madoc (Madog ab Howel Velyn, son of Howel Velyn) born about 1206 and lived in the south end of Wales in Glamorgan. Madoc (Madog ab Owain Gwynedd, son of Owain Gwynedd) was the one who supposedly fled to North America, lived in 1170 in northeast Wales in Gwynedd. Granted, there is only about 130 miles difference between those locales. Madoc may have been a very common first name in those centuries in Wales. So the time, the locale, and the parentage don't look like a proper connection between the Madog ab Howel Velyn and Madog ab Owain Gwynedd.
      Thanks for the post anyway, as it would be interesting to see what Oconostota said about Moon-eyed people.
      Paul ...

      be well,
      jamey