Fwd: [IOWAARCHAEOLOGYLISTSERVE] Ho-Chunk History and Culture Talk on March 29, at 7 p.m.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012
      Sorry for the late notice, but anyone in the LaCrosse area might be interested in coming to this history of the Ho Chunk this evening that steve Steigerwald notified me about.  I am in LaCrosse for another meeting and will try to go to give go and give a report.

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Steven Steigerwald <aztalan2008@...>
      Date: March 28, 2012 8:21:37 PM CDT
      To: Ted Sojka <tedsojka@...>
      Subject: FW: [IOWAARCHAEOLOGYLISTSERVE] Ho-Chunk History and Culture Talk on March 29, at 7 p.m.

      FYI

      Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:22:04 +0000
      From: ksampson2@...
      To: wisconsinarch-society@...

      Might be of interest to some of you. I have been asked to forward all Iowa Archeological Society events to you as a collaborative effort between state societies.

      --Forwarded Message Attachment--
      Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:47:23 +0000
      From: alan-hawkins@...
      To: IOWAARCHAEOLOGYLISTSERVE@...

      Details on an upcoming talk on Ho-Chunk History and Culture are listed below.

      Talk on Ho-Chunk history, culture planned at the Onalaska library

      The Onalaska Historical Society and the Friends of the Onalaska Library are co-sponsoring a presentation by Tracy LittleJohn, researcher for the Ho-Chunk nation, at the Onalaska Library on March 29, starting at 7 p.m. in Meeting Room A.

      She will be giving a presentation on the history of the Ho-Chunk people that lived around the Brice Prairie and Sand Lake areas. She will discuss the contemporary issues of the Ho-Chunk people and also the cultural awareness for understanding. There will be a question and answer period after the presentation.

      Read more: http://lacrossetribune.com/couleenews/news/local/news-in-brief/article_01c15eda-7452-11e1-ac5c-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1ptF87xKs