Dr. Stephen Jett

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2012
      Larry, All,

      Sorry about not earlier catching the spammy Post that went through the group and into many of your email addresses thst new member Nancy had not sent.  I'd deleted the letter and let her know that her email address had been spammed, then deleted the post and blocked the address.  Many remember the same situation happened to Martin Carriere's email address.  Fortunately he rejoined Ancient Waterways Society under a different email address.  As I hope Nancy Woodstamper) will do, too.

      I goofed earlier today in my personal correspondence and, instead of sending a family group email my son Stephen, i sent it to retired geography professor, Stephen Jett who taught at Ohio State University and the University of California-Davis.  I talk to my children as though they were teenagers or younger rather than the thirty-and forty-somethings that they are.  So the Mamma talk was even more embarrassing, and I sent a note of apology to Dr. Jett whose email address I had from either the 2008 Atlantic Conference put on in Halifax, NS by the Sinclair/St. Clair clan.  Or, from Jett's excellent presentation at the online 2009 Atlantic Conference.  You may hear his presentation on Pre-Columbian trans-oceanic contact--along with those of our members, Zena Halpern, Chris Patenaude, Rick Osmon (and one anonymous)---by scrolling down the following link for biographies and full presentations.  Many other members here such as Martin Carriere, Steve and Stan St. Clair, Terry Deveau and many such as Wayne May, Scott Wolter aligned with this group were sponsors or active participants at one or both conferences.  Hopefully, there will be another international Atlantic Conference some day in eastern North America, or perhaps the UK (I am hoping the Orkney islands), so I suggest members here keep track of the presentations and progress of the first two conferences.  A third conference--if another is ever to materialize in the flesh as the 2008 conference  at St. mary's University in Halifax, it old take the time and resources of a great number and diversity of people.

       Speaker links for 2009 Atlantic Conference, including Stephen Jett's talk:

      http://www.atlanticconference.org/index.html

      Crossing Ancient Oceans: How Prehistoric Explorers Visited the Americas [Hardcover]

      Stephen Jett (Author):  http://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Ancient-Oceans-Prehistoric-Explorers/dp/0387950060/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_5

      Sent from my iPad