Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Pequaming, Michigan

  • Mark Bennett
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2012
      I agree. Mark Bennett

    • quarefremeruntgentes7@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 6, 2012
        Inasmuch as the inclination to err is intrinsic to human nature, the message and ethos of the New Testament will occasionally get distorted, and I regard the crooked ideals of the Christian advocates of colonialism as instances of this.

        Prior to the 5th century, slavery and exploitation was practiced by all urbanized societies known to have existed. There is no evidence of any efforts to emancipate slaves prior to the time of the Christian Byzantine Emperor Justinian--and Justinian's motivate was to put his biblical ethos into practice. This was, likewise, the objective of such abolitionists as John Newton, William Wilburforce, John Brown--and that of Alexander IV, the Tsar who emancipated Russia's serfs.

        Zinn's ideology regarded human beings merely as the most intelligent of animals. This, for all intents and purposes, was the same view of humanity whereby the fomentors of the Bolshevic Revolution rationalized the mass-slaughter of their former comrades in bloody purges.

        Efforts to 'reform' the atrocities and injustices of colonialism based on such a crass and callous ideology are predestined to failure, ruin, and depravity--and this is practically always what we observe in the legacies of those who, in past times, have advocated such opinions. Concerning this history, I could recount such names as de Sade; Jacques Roux; Jacques Hebert; Robespierre; Dzugashvili, a.k.a. 'Stalin'; Beria; Mao Tse Tung; Kim Il Sung; Khruschev; Castro; Lumumba; Brezhnev; Pol Pot; Andropov; Hoeniker, etc.

        Jeff Lewin

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Ted Sojka <tedsojka@...>
        Sender: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:03:49 -0600
        To: <ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Pequaming, Michigan

[...]

         Superior. We have two copies in our loaner library that I'd be glad to

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 6, 2012
          To put it mildly, revolutionary efforts to subvert the message of the New Testament, such as the late Mr. Zinn advocated, are incompatible with my ideals, methods, and objectives.

          QUOTE:
          "Oh liberty, what crimes are committed in your name!"
          --last recorded words of Mme. Roland de Planaire, a Girondist moderate, on the occasion of her execution by French Revolutionaries

          Jeff Lewin

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T