Fwd: [ancient_waterways_society] Pequaming, Michigan + Pendent

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
      Cal,

      Maybe you can send the article on the Arrow Remover article again, as it opens with a password needed to open the site.
      ted

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Nancy Kocik <kocikn@...>
      Date: March 4, 2012 5:44:30 PM CST
      Subject: Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Pequaming, Michigan + Pendent

      apparent link to "arrow remover" does not open up.

    • TRAYLOROO
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
      Attached is one page MS WORD with the "pendent" photograph, but is in the old medical tools department.  Also use this search question on the Internet to see photos of other old tools:   ARROW REMOVER 1500’S

      Cal
      ========================

      From: Nancy Kocik <kocikn@...>
      Date: March 4, 2012 5:44:30 PM CST

      apparent link to "arrow remover" does not open up.

      Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2012
        Cal, Ted, Larry, and all,

        I had submitted the link from the AAPS Photo page to show a photo of the Pequaming shoreline in response to Larry Hancock's mention of the Lake Superior- Pequaming  (Keweenaw Bay) location.  I  had not even notice the photo called "Kimal pendant"  that AAPS member Myron Paine submitted to  the AAPS group:    http://www.aaapf.org/photo_gallery.asp?ItemID=57

        It became a puzzler after i saw Cal's 1500's "arrow remover" link,   which looks very similar to what is being referred to as a "Kimal Pendant".  Photos of similar instruments are listed at other sites, including the "Thor_" group, and 2006 oopaloopa cafe (AWS member, Rick Osmon) post:

        http://oopa-loopa-cafe.blogspot.com/2006/11/flight-of-navigator-part-iii.html

        Here it is again, 'Kimal, the Norse Latitude Device' from a 'Believers of Norse in Ancient America' group (Myron Paine):   http://www.frozentrail.org/newsletter/Resources/July.pdf

        I shall be curious to hear if this object is a 1500's arrow remover, compass/navigational tool, Kimal pendant, or multipurpose device.. Keep me posted.