Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Pequaming, Michigan + Pendent

  • Nancy Kocik
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4 3:44 PM
      apparent link to "arrow remover" does not open up.

      From: Susan English <beldingenglish@...>
      To: "ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com" <ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, March 2, 2012, 2:33 PM

      Larry,
      I sent a brief note addressing  your question to Ancient Artifacts Preservation Society/AAPS secretary Judy Johnson and her husband, Glenn who is president of the association.  I have not heard of this face but

        I have helped survey and also stayed in Pequaming several times, AAPS had at least a couple of meetings out there...  i happen to be in this photo at Carmody Point, from 2006, via AAPS link:  http://www.aaapf.org/photo_gallery.asp?ItemID=57   ARROW REMOVER 1500'S = SOURCE PER CAL TRAYLOR =  STRANGE OLDE MEDICAL TOOLS - ARROW REMOVER (1500's)
      1.
      The following cairn-like structures photographed during the early 1900's is at the above location; Henry Ford owned countless acres around that area, probably that site, too.  I recall the owner showing me his favorite  waterway place to sit where he can watch the sun rise and sun set.
      http://www.aaapf.org/photo_gallery.asp?ItemID=64

      oops...time almost out here at the library, but just found this about Huron Mountain and dolmen:
      http://books.google.com/books?id=8Rv64wjtnnoC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=Mt.+Huron+Michigan,++Norse+Dolmen&source=web&ots=r8FjLZvnxX&sig=usiQvNXmHGTGkNpyDDLmWHg8uns&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#v=onepage&q=Mt.%20Huron%20Michigan%2C%20%20Norse%20Dolmen&f=false

      Susan