Michigan Copper

  • kbs2244
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2012
      Recent archeology discoveries have found copper ore and smelting sites in the Sinai Peninsula that date back to before10 BC.

      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081027174545.htm

      There is some suggestion that "King Solomon's Mines" were copper mines, not gold.

      So copper smelting is not a new technology.
      But float copper avoids the whole expensive, dirty process.
      So it would be worth wile to take advantage of it.

      I do not know of any "Old World" float copper sites.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2012
        Nice submissions in recent posts, KBS.   Here is study w/photos by amateur archaelogist, Dr. E. J. Nieburger which may include  examples of early copper melting and casting from the "Riverside site" in Menomonie, Michigan:

        http://www.arrowheads.com/index.php/component/content/article/366-the-copper-of-the-riverside-site

        William Connor's 11/14/11 Iron Age America blog also includes an article by Dr. E.  J. Nieburger about copper casting and Hopewell Forced Air Furnaces from the Turner Mound Group in Ohio at the junction of the Ohio and Zlittle Miami Rivers (see diagrams):

        http://ironageamerica.blogspot.com/

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2012
          Great stuff here, so many of you discussing the ancient intercontinental copper  and metals trade (and the obvious tremendous cross-culturalcooperation and diffusion that took  place over a great span of time).  Thanks Rick--another  early member of this group--- for taking time to share your wisdom and experience; haven't heard from you for a time and i know you  have been busier than ever.  I am curious  to know if you ever got our old  Viking researcher friend, Marion Dahm's plane repaired and off the ground?  (Rick pulled it behind his car through downtown Minneapolis-St.Paul on his way back to his Southern Indiana home after Mr. Dahm died unexpectedly of West NileVirus.)

          I wasn't  sure under what to title the following link, but there is a lot of information within this 7-8 page Graham Hancock forum (message board info  on the last pages some if you might wish to sign up for). .  Renoud deJong's co-author, JayWakefield is  featured on the first page.

          Many of us here know  Alex Fagotti from Prospectors Paradise Rock Shop on highway 26/31 in Allouez, Michigan.  Ancient Waterways had an in expensive, informal 3 day weekend gathering near there a few years ago.  Alex is photographed within the hancock forum....the rock shop us a friendly place to stop for free coffee and chat.  I sometimes sleep in their parking lot in my car and use the shop's shower facilities.  If any of you go up into that area, I would like  to hear your 'take' on what many refer to as a 'vortex'- like anomaly back behind the metal pole building/ rock shop.  Evergreen trees grow into odd configurations very similar to  juniper trees  in some areas around Sedona, Arizona...that many refer to as energy vortexes...if there is such a thing.  Those sites also seem to coincide with ancient Sacred Sites, but then,  that is another topic.  If  anyone  wants to talk about about vortexes, ley lines,  or sacred sites sometime, please title your message as such for easier reference.

          Page 4 of the following Forum----Mediterranean shipwreck and copper trade w/more photos of copper oxhides:

          http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/WakefieldJS1.php?p=4

          Sent from my iPadhttp://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/WakefieldJS1.php?p=2