copper mold?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2012
      Dear Larry and Sue,

      Thanks both for being so busy on the site. I looked at one of Larry's
      attachments and have a question about what appears to be a copper mold.

      The object found on the "Lee farm in the 1930's on your attachment I
      want to know if it was a mold for pouring copper into, either smelted
      or hammered? Do you have any information about that object?

      It does bare similarity to the Morning Star image also, but the
      construction of the mold must have been filled with something? I am
      also wondering if it was a stone mold, or formed of earth, clay, or a
      mixture of them? It sure seems like the evidence the copper people
      would be interested in knowing about. Of course since 1930 there are
      probably no living witnesses to this discovery.

      The metal smiths in South America had molds and loss process wax molds
      for pouring gold into and those date to very old methods and finds
      similar to ones in use in China near the same time period.

      Anybody know what state that Lee farm talked about in Larry's post is
      in?