Inquiry about James Vieira

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2012
      All,
      On my iPhone I try to keep track of everything that flows through our site, but am weeks behind reading full posts.  Most of you  seem pretty confident in your work  and in sharing experiences, insights.  And many here spend much time adding Files, Photos, and your own published work to our site or loaner library.  Without cost or acknowledgement.

      Fortunately, most members do not seem to need a lot of feedback from 'modifiers'  or hosts, continue to generously bring your ideas together, as is evident in the excellent expressions of thought we have been reading here the past year or two.  We are a polite,  diverse and expressive  group of 100+ signed-on members living or exploring along along ancient, global waterways. It is impossible and would interrupt the flow of intercommunications in order to acknowledge most incoming posts, or thank you all for each submission.   On a personal note,  submissions from dozens of you have empowered my medical recovery.  I have long recognized times of great synergy here.  Which seems to spring through humility of researchers generously sharing their scientific findings, courage in sharing and living the teachings of ancient wisdom keepers, and in your encouragement of the efforts of others. I applaud you who are collectively helping rewrite human history where it has been suppressed or grossly erroneous  And, as i see it,   long kept humanity boundaried, fear-based, destructive, and disempowered from Nature and our human design. .

      To better familiarize members with each other here, i may in the future write a post reintroducing as many members as are interested, one at a time and with permission....list your groups, web links, geography, personal interests.

       I do want to acknowledge Cal Traylor from New Mexico who has been posting some of his insights again. Years ago Cal suggested that we take our email conversations and conference gathering times to form a larger Internet society.  Then many years Cal lovingly cared for his ailing wife and we lost contact.  I'll  not give away Cal's age, but he is one of the wise elders  traveling Ancient, global Waterways that I think of when using this 'old English' passage after my salutation:

      "The human mind is designed to be empowered by age rather than enfeebled by it".

      --- i received the following letter this morning from a women in Massachuetts named Nancy who I think is an onlooker at our group.  Because Ancient Waterways Society is an open group, so too are our Posts, and i personally receive inquiries from or am made aware of dozens of lay and academic researchers who don't join web or blog groups, but occasionally or regularly continufollowing 'the submissions of our membership here.
      But, too, because  many of our members' names and oftentimes alternate email addresses are unknown to even the hosts of this group, i many times am not familiar with those corresponding or emailing me, as the letter below, which I hope the writer does not mind my sharing, minus her full name and email address.  My role as connector of people and resources here includes her letter to the group to see if any of you are familiar with author- researcher, James Vieira ( who might even be a member here, for all I know!)

      I have seen at least two articles at Ancient American that Vieira has written.  Also found a nice blog site of James's brother Bill,  which I will share here and in an email to  Nancy.    I could have passes Nancy's email to authors David Goudsward, David Brody, Larry Hancock and others closely aligned  to ancient stone sites in New England.  am including this information here because this line of inquiry here might be of interest to others at our site.  Please post if you know of group tours or presentations.  Thank you.

      http://ashfieldnewsarticles.blogspot.com/

      "Dear Susan,

      Do you know if there's an e-mail address for James Vieira??

      Just got the latest issue and flying high on the steady stream of new stuff!!! I live just about in the middle of all these Massachusetts sites with photos they've got in the magazine.  I used to live in Pelham and would go out in the woods with my boyfriend.  We felt like we were the first explorers to find some of these places, still we didn't find the fabulous little stone chamber.

      I'd really like to know if anyone could tell me specifically how to find these sites, or if maybe someone leads a group from time to time?

      Thanks...."

      Sent from my iPad
    • TRAYLOROO
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2012
        Dear Susan:  You can tell now ... my age next week will be 123 years old.

        As for James Vieira === Is this he:
        "James Vieira. Scattered throughout the woods and fields of New England lie the remains of an ancient civilization."  ===    He also is known as Jim.

        In the Internet search window try = JAMES VIEIRA, ANCIENT   ====  You will get many more good hits ... which may include a phone number.

        While at the Intenet searching for James, use the same search words, but ask for IMAGES.  There are about 20 hits with my Yahoo .... one being the cover of an Ancient American magazine .... on the cover photo is a cave entrance, a full page.  I wonder if that is the cave in the below query.

        Cousin Cal
        Considering DNA research, all people on earth today are cousins .... if you go up the family tree far enough ..... WE CONNECT, it may take a few thousand years ... but it happens ....so they say .... cousin.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2012
          I took a look at the article in "Ancient American," and while I cannot speak for his information outside of Vermont, he has some mistakes. He says that Calendar I and Calendar II are 14 miles apart on an exact north/south line accurate to 200 feet. This tells me he is using secondary information and has not actually viewed these himself. These two sites, from the Calendar II chamber to the Calendar I chamber are actually 20.57 miles apart. The Calendar I chamber is at an angle of 5.48 degrees from Calendar II making it 1.96 miles off of a true north line. He says there are eight chambers in the Calendar I complex. There are both fewer and more depending on how big an area one wants to include.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
            Welcome new member Nancy from Massachusetts who had emailed a month ago asking  if anyone had an email address for Massachusetts researcher, Jim Vierira.  Her letter and link to five of Vierira's articles are below.    Cal Traylor contacted Vieira who sent his email address and said for Nancy and our group to feel free to contact him.  I will likely send him a group invitation.  If members use the"Invite" link (at left), click twice after entering email addresses for prospective members or invitation will not dispatch.

            Thank you, Nancy and Cal.
            Susan

            (2/02/12 post #2707).... i received the following letter this morning from a women in