Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Oklahoma Cover-up

  • TRAYLOROO
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
      You have it right, re Farley's persona.  The archaeological site reported in her book is now a city park, maybe state park.  In your Internet search window, enter:   gloria farley city park, ok

      She was a pioneer, and pioneers usually have many obstacles .... as she did.  I am a Fellow of the Midwestern Epigraphic Society. I was aware of her charm and dedication  and her work before she published.  To many lettered archaeologist, they still refuse to even consider alternative sources of artifacts in the dirt at their knee ....

      Cal

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
        Yes, Gloria was a quite a lady and she was not bothered by the foolish pro archies who denied that her site in Oklahoma was prehistoric.  I recall meeting her at one of the annual symposiums of the Midwestern Epigraphic Society here in Columbus.   In recent years I have seen things change here in Columbus, and even have enjoyed a trip with a professional archie to the Garrett site at Chillicothe, Ohio, my old home town.  This is site quite important because it is where I found the cast iron hand axe.   Someday this site should be carefully examined by the pros.

        William Conner
        Iron Age America

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012

          America must have a zillion stories like yours.  I live near to the new SPACEPORT AMERICA, they are near completion.  This is a remote area, dreaded by the ancient Spaniards.  Their road is called the the Camino de Real, and the portion where the space port is located .... is called the Jornado del Muerto ....  the road of death.   That is where about twenty years ago a friend found a Roman coin.

          There is over 1,000 years between world dominance by Rome ... and by Spain

          CAL