Geoglyphs in the Amazon

  • kbs2244
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2012
      "(What makes me sick to my stomach is to see the clearcutting that is
      going on.)"

      Why?
      Just because it is showing that the "Virgin Rainforest" isn't so virgin after all?

      The geoglyphs are strong evidence of residential sites and show that that the area had a huge population that did a whole lot of environmental modification to feed themselves.

      The "deforestation" that is going on is just returning the area to what it was like before being over run by the weed like growth of the trees following some kind of population wipe out.