Tomb of Philip the Emissary confirmed by Archaeology & Isidore of Seville?

  • james m clark jr
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2012
      The Tomb of Apostle St Philippus found in Turkey
      July, 26 2011

      This page is viewed 2398 times

      2diggs
      digg
      DHA

      The tomb of St Philippus, of one of the 12 Apostles of Jesus, was unearthed in a great discovery in Denizli province of Turkey

      The discovery took place at the Hierapolis (Pamukkale) ancient excavation site of Denizli in western Turkey on Tuesday.
      The excavation has been going on in the area for some 32 years led by the Italian Prof. Francesco D'Andria.

      http://www.archaeologydaily.com/news/201107266966/The-Tomb-of-Apostle-St-Philippus-found-in-Turkey.html

      [Link noted at Archaeology Daily News with and without public Image and additional information]

      ------

      comment:

      At least some small literary notation should be fitting but that huge ancient Welsh refference library in itself may still reside in the Brithish Museum itself written or perhaps translated by a Cardinal Baronius a former Curator of the Vatican some 1200 yrs ago - 300 plus years after the school of Isidore had well been established.

      And this is what he says about Philip and Isidore and others in the same paragraph. These two brilant men are more than likely atested to in many genological records as well without stating those primary sources and traditions that have been handed down to this day to modern geneologist. Perhaps a reason why it may or may not have been considered 32 later. 23 years later I never would have imagined so many could make much since without it then or now.

      Philip the fifth in order as said to have adorned Upper Asia with the gospel, and at length at Hierapolis at the age of 87 to have undergone martyrdom, which also John Chrysostom hands down, and they say that the man travelled over parts of Sythia and for sometime preached the gospel along with Bartholomew. In Isidore one reads that Philp even imbued the Gauls with the Christian faith, which also in the Brevary of Teledo of the school of Isodore is read.

      quote from - Ecclesiastical Annuals

      be well,
      jamey
    • quarefremeruntgentes7@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2012
        Who is this stranger?

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2012
          General Louis-Felix-Francois Franchet d'Esperey if I must draw up my own armistice?

          [currently I am not still online which may be a good thing]

          Hey Jeff,

          Didn't reconize the blackberry address and assumed you were one of the 7 new members in the past two months or either Susan wasn't the only one to make use of new gadgits... Who could forget that face?
          Don't recall engaging in any thread for whatever reason or another.

          If I could find a middle aged Gilbert Grape with a receeding chin like the Great Lakes and a gap between teeth like the Ohio Valley and now with short shoulder length hair like the shrubs out west that would be me but I chose an inspector gadget drilling icon for mirageinspectorJ at Twitter.

          Yeah, this may seem out of place but it is archaeology news and is related to dispacement theories in a way and even a voyage that even some classical writters somewhat attest... dispite 3 14c Synoids without even the works of Tacitus, freedom of religion was not granted to "the Defenders of the Faith" this was partly their defence and without dispute as today if we wish could even now leagally place above the Stars & Bars or the Union Jack even though I'm not English or a religious Trintarian in which Isidore himself would have other opinions irrelevent to me perhaps but intellectually even I would consider him a peer in a sense, not as stranger granting that Southern hospitality is not something I consider can be digitized regarding all statements or comments.

          If I had chose to be more uniform regarding the Sonionni Manuscript thread last year this would have been better suited for it but I regarded other members as even lousy critics must do. As far as the

          I often find myself in the darndest places without questions or answers at times even here at AWS.

          One thing has been on my mind lately regarding the Sonionni Manuscript
          as far as a Greek to French to English translation regarding the term 'earthquake' in which I did provide data regarding Lake Lucerne at AWS "Files" which does not appear to coinside with the scientific data and Mss discription and was wondering if an Avalanchologist report would be more suited which seems to discribe the event in the manuscript more so than an earthquake. I don't recall an Avalanchologist being apart of that team.

          be well,
          jamey

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2012
            I have to concede, as you may suspect by delayed response, that your reply takes things beyond the area of my own modest studies and experience. While I suspect that I have more in common with the late trinitarian Erasmus of Rotterdam, some points raised here in recent months have persuaded me of a need to inform myself better about the history of relations between Caucasian, and indigenous, peoples. Regrettably, in order to focus on this, and on related issues, I probably will have to set aside some of my other interests--which, I regret, will oblige me to minimize my participation here at AWS.

            Warm Regards,

            Jeff Lewin

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            General Louis-Felix-Francois Franchet d'Esperey if I must draw up my own armistice?

            [currently I am not still online which may be a good thing]

            Hey Jeff,

            Didn't reconize the blackberry address and assumed you were one of the 7 new members in the past two months or either Susan wasn't the only one to make use of new gadgits... Who could forget that face?
            Don't recall engaging in any thread for whatever reason or another.

            If I could find a middle aged Gilbert Grape with a receeding chin like the Great Lakes and a gap between teeth like the Ohio Valley and now with short shoulder length hair like the shrubs out west that would be me but I chose an inspector gadget drilling icon for mirageinspectorJ at Twitter.

            Yeah, this may seem out of place but it is archaeology news and is related to dispacement theories in a way and even a voyage that even some classical writters somewhat attest... dispite 3 14c Synoids without even the works of Tacitus, freedom of religion was not granted to "the Defenders of the Faith" this was partly their defence and without dispute as today if we wish could even now leagally place above the Stars & Bars or the Union Jack even though I'm not English or a religious Trintarian in which Isidore himself would have other opinions irrelevent to me perhaps but intellectually even I would consider him a peer in a sense, not as stranger granting that Southern hospitality is not something I consider can be digitized regarding all statements or comments.

            If I had chose to be more uniform regarding the Sonionni Manuscript thread last year this would have been better suited for it but I regarded other members as even lousy critics must do. As far as the

            I often find myself in the darndest places without questions or answers at times even here at AWS.

            One thing has been on my mind lately regarding the Sonionni Manuscript
            as far as a Greek to French to English translation regarding the term 'earthquake' in which I did provide data regarding Lake Lucerne at AWS "Files" which does not appear to coinside with the scientific data and Mss discription and was wondering if an Avalanchologist report would be more suited which seems to discribe the event in the manuscript more so than an earthquake. I don't recall an Avalanchologist being apart of that team.

            be well,
            jamey

            --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, quarefremeruntgentes7@... wrote:

            > Who is this stranger?
            >
            > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          • james m clark jr
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
              An additional refference can be found in J W Taylor's 1905
              version of the Coming of the Saints that is often reprinted.
              Cardinal Baronius seems to be quoted frequently dispite it
              being known as a Mormon account it is highly regarded by
              intellectuals of other faiths as well. Ali the commentator of the
              Quran even mentions some of these traditions regarded in the
              Dwellers of the Cave in the book of The Cave.

              be well,
              jamey