Archeological progress

  • kbs2244
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2012
      Jeff:

      Good rant, not much to argue with on the facts, even opinion, side.
      But it is too little, too late.
      As Bob Seger said, you are a classic case of "Against the Wind."
      The "white man" rules now, and he rules by his rules.
      (As I am sure the Indians in the St. Louis area did in their time.)

      IMHO,
      There may be a "fort" near Cairo, and the pyramids at Cahokia are impressive.
      But the real "crossroads" was on the west side of the river for the same reason that St Louis is where it is.
      That was the only reliably high ground for protection from floods.

      You don't win in a fight against a well established and superior enemy by throwing stones against their wall.
      You infiltrate.

      If you want a modern example of what to do, check out Bobby Rush.
      From a Black Panther shot gunning Chicago Police to a member of Congress.
      He came to realize you take down the wall one brick at a time.
    • quarefremeruntgentes7@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012
        I admit my knowledge of these things is still developing, but there are people of good will in every generation, and I am not persuaded that it is impossible for the youths growing up nowadays to learn to appreciate both the good, and the bad, in their own history.

        Jeff

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Good rant, not much to argue with on the facts, even opinion, side.
        But it is too little, too late.
        As Bob Seger said, you are a classic case of "Against the Wind."
        The "white man" rules now, and he rules by his rules.
        (As I am sure the Indians in the St. Louis area did in their time.)

        IMHO,
        There may be a "fort" near Cairo, and the pyramids at Cahokia are impressive.
        But the real "crossroads" was on the west side of the river for the same reason that St Louis is where it is.
        That was the only reliably high ground for protection from floods.

        You don't win in a fight against a well established and superior enemy by throwing stones against their wall.
        You infiltrate.

        If you want a modern example of what to do, check out Bobby Rush.
        From a Black Panther shot gunning Chicago Police to a member of Congress.
        He came to realize you take down the wall one brick at a time.