Fwd: Daily Feast January 8,2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2012

      Begin forwarded message:

      January 8 - Daily Feast
      Lo, the poor Indian!
      Whose untutored mind
      Sees God in clouds,
      Or hears him in the wind.
      Alexander Pope recognized the simplicity in the Indian's beliefs. Though all tribes are rich in symbolism to express what they believe, we all basically believe in One God, One Creator, One Great Loving Spirit over all. The Cherokees had their Father-Creator who was Yowah, the unity of three beings. The name Yowah was so sacred that only certain priests were allowed to say it. This same innate belief lives in each of us if we can only uncover it. Worship is of the heart, deep, joyous, personal. It is a life-current between each of us and our Creator. We can wrongly destroy ourselves but never the love that is beyond our understanding. It is there, even when we are too stubborn to receive it.
      ~ We perceive a battle between good and evil, and we also perceive good will win. ~
      THE IROQUOIS