Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Formation of the Great Lakes

  • robert walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24 7:24 AM
      In regard to a animation image site, there is one and is a good one. It has been quite a while since i looked at it, but, if you did a little searching on google or other search engine, you should be able to find it. Sorry, i don't have the web site address anymore. Bob@@@

      Pam Giese <giese@...> wrote:
      Nice article!

      When we talk about Bronze Age diffusion, it's important to keep in mind how the waterways in the upper midwest have changed in the past 5000 years.  A navigatable Ottawa River would have provided access to the copper fields of  the Upper Pennisula while avoiding Niagra Falls.

      You know what I'd like to see?  I wish a animation/virtual reality magus would create a time-sequence map on how the Great Lakes and inland waterways changed from the glacial periods to now (including lake/pond systems of Minnesota).. .now that would be cool.

      Pam