Re: Brody new book

  • Rick O
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
      For anyone who didn't read David's first novel, you should. For those who did read it, you know why I say that.

      Good luck with it, Dave, I'll be downloading my copy to my Kindle for PC. That's right, Folks! You do not have to own a Kindle to read a Kindle book!. And it's a free download!

      Go HERE  to find out how to buy, download, and read books, magazines, nearly anything on Kindle for PC (including The Graves of the Golden Bear )

      Sorry Dave, couldn't resist...

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "David S Brody" <DavidSBrody@...> wrote:

      > Hi All, and Happy New Year.
      >

      > I just wanted to let everyone know my new novel is now live on Kindle.
      > Title is Thief on the Cross: Templar Secrets in America.
      >

      > http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OQIXCG/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb
      >

      > Here is summary:
      >

      > ******************************
      >

      > Why would a collector of ancient American artifacts hand over his prized
      > pieces to a historian and then shoot himself in the head? And why does an
      > ancient Templar scroll in his possession refer to Jesus Christ as �The Thief
      > on the Cross?�
      >

      > The answer places historian Cameron Thorne at the dangerous intersection of
      > secret American history and modern geopolitical intrigue. Following clues
      > contained in both ancient American artifacts and medieval European
      > masterpieces, Cameron and his fianc�e Amanda Spencer race to uncover the
      > true secrets of early Christianity before a splinter group of Mormon zealots
      > silence them forever.
      >

      > Just as they did in Cabal of the Westford Knight: Templars at the Newport
      > Tower, Cameron and Amanda discover, examine and interpret ancient artifacts
      > and legends scattered throughout North America that reveal a history of
      > European exploration long before Columbus. But how do the Burrows Cave stone
      > carvings, the Bat Creek Stone, the Prince Madoc legend, the Book of Mormon
      > and the Mandan tribe of �White Indians� relate to the medieval Templars?
      > Only when they learn about the head of Baphomet and examine Leonard da
      > Vinci�s Mona Lisa and Virgin on the Rocks do the pieces finally begin to fit
      > together.
      >

      > What they learn shocks them. And may get them killed.
      >

      > *******************************
      >

      > (Warning: The title and subject matter are a bit controversial, and may be
      > offensive to readers with strong Christian beliefs. So please be careful
      > who you recommend it to.)
      >

      > This is a �soft� release for friends and family, priced at $2.99 for the
      > first few weeks. My hope is that early readers will notify me of any typos
      > and also post reviews if they like the book. The physical book will be
      > available in a few weeks.
      >

      > This is fiction, which allows me to operate under a lesser standard of
      > proof. Even so, I think members will enjoy�and recognize�some of the
      > research. And obviously many will be familiar with many of the
      > sites/artifacts. Hope people have a chance to check it out.
      >

      > Best,
      >
      > Dave Brody

    • David S Brody
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012

        Thanks for the kind words, Rick.

        And your book deserves as many plugs as it can get!

        Best,

        Dave

        For anyone who didn't read David's first novel, you should. For those who did read it, you know why I say that.

        Good luck with it, Dave, I'll be downloading my copy to my Kindle for PC. That's right, Folks! You do not have to own a Kindle to read a Kindle book!. And it's a free download!

        Go HERE  to find out how to buy, download, and read books, magazines, nearly anything on Kindle for PC (including The Graves of the Golden Bear )

        Sorry Dave, couldn't resist...

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com , "David S Brody" <DavidSBrody@...> wrote:

        > Hi All, and Happy New Year.
        >

        > I just wanted to let everyone know my new novel is now live on Kindle.
        > Title is Thief on the Cross: Templar Secrets in
        w:st="on">America .

        > http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OQIXCG/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb
        >

        > Here is summary:
        >

        > ******************************
        >

        > Why would a collector of ancient American artifacts hand over his prized
        > pieces to a historian and then shoot himself in the head? And why does an
        > ancient Templar scroll in his possession refer to Jesus Christ as �The
        Thief
        > on the Cross?�
        >

        > The answer places historian Cameron Thorne at the dangerous intersection
        of
        > secret American history and modern geopolitical intrigue. Following clues
        > contained in both ancient American artifacts and medieval European
        > masterpieces, Cameron and his fianc�e Amanda Spencer race to uncover the
        > true secrets of early Christianity before a splinter group of Mormon
        zealots
        > silence them forever.
        >

        > Just as they did in Cabal of the Westford Knight: Templars at the
        w:st="on"> Newport
        > Tower, Cameron and Amanda discover, examine and interpret ancient
        artifacts
        > and legends scattered throughout North America
        that reveal a history of
        > European exploration long before Columbus .
        But how do the Burrows Cave stone
        > carvings, the Bat Creek Stone, the Prince Madoc legend, the Book of Mormon
        > and the Mandan
        tribe of �White Indians� relate to the medieval Templars?
        > Only when they learn about the head of Baphomet and examine Leonard da
        > Vinci�s Mona Lisa and Virgin on the Rocks do the pieces finally begin to
        fit
        > together.
        >

        > What they learn shocks them. And may get them killed.
        >

        > *******************************
        >

        > (Warning: The title and subject matter are a bit controversial, and may be
        > offensive to readers with strong Christian beliefs. So please be careful
        > who you recommend it to.)
        >

        > This is a �soft� release for friends and family, priced at $2.99 for
        the
        > first few weeks. My hope is that early readers will notify me of any typos
        > and also post reviews if they like the book. The physical book will be
        > available in a few weeks.
        >

        > This is fiction, which allows me to operate under a lesser standard of
        > proof. Even so, I think members will enjoy�and recognize�some of the
        > research. And obviously many will be familiar with many of the
        > sites/artifacts. Hope people have a chance to check it out.
        >

        > Best,
        >
        > Dave Brody

      • David S Brody
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6 11:44 AM

          Hi All:

          The paper version of my new book is now live at this site:

          https://www.createspace.com/3782528

          Over the next few weeks it will become available at other sites (such as the main Amazon site) as well.

          As I said, many sites and artifacts that will be familiar to this group.

          Regards,

          Dave Brody

          I just wanted to let everyone know my new novel is now live on Kindle.  Title is Thief on the Cross: Templar Secrets in America.

          http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OQIXCG/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

          Here is summary:

          Why would a collector of ancient American artifacts hand over his prized pieces to a historian and then shoot himself in the head? And why does an ancient Templar scroll in his possession refer to Jesus Christ as “The Thief on the Cross?”

          The answer places historian Cameron Thorne at the dangerous intersection of secret American history and modern geopolitical intrigue. Following clues contained in both ancient American artifacts and medieval European masterpieces, Cameron and his fiancée Amanda Spencer race to uncover the true secrets of early Christianity before a splinter group of Mormon zealots silence them forever.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
            Do comment if you have piece of information to add to any posts on the
            site. Susan preferred to send mail to all on the site.

            ted