Face effigy example

  • Deb Twigg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 49 KB
    The bottom image shows the face with the shoved mouth nose and eye that I am searching for--- hope this helps clarify. Thank you!
  • Vince
    Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
      Hi Deb;
      The book "Speaking with the Ancestors" includes several carvings in statuary that are similar to this.

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Deb Twigg <deb_twigg@...> wrote:

      > The bottom image shows the face with the shoved mouth nose and eye that I am searching for--- hope this helps clarify. Thank you!
      >

      > Deb Twigg
      > Executive Director
      > SRAC
      > 607-727-3111
      > www.SRACenter.org

    • Deb Twigg
      Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
        Thanks Vince who is the author?

        Deb Twigg
        Executive Director
        SRAC
        607-727-3111

        Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
          Kevin E Smith and James V Miller authored this book.  I will send my copy to you at no charge.

          The book "Speaking with the Ancestors" includes several carvings in statuary that are similar to this.

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Deb Twigg <deb_twigg@...> wrote:

          > The bottom image shows the face with the shoved mouth nose and eye that I am searching for--- hope this helps clarify. Thank you!
          >

          > Deb Twigg
          > Executive Director
          > SRAC
          > 607-727-3111
          > www.SRACenter.org

        • Deb Twigg
          Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
            Thanks Vince - I'd love to read it and then I'll send it back and pay the shipping fees too.

            Deb Twigg
            Executive Director
            SRAC
            607-727-3111

            Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2012
              While waiting for Vince's copy, hopefully this link will go through via my iPhone. I thumbed through a number of interesting pages and facial statuary illustrations and photos. Others in our group might be interested, too. Susan

              http://books.google.com/books?id=EO7TCPJymQYC&pg=PA204&lpg=PA203&dq=isbn:0817354654&output=html_text

              Sent from my iPhone