face effigy motif

  • Deb Twigg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2012
      I am looking for a specific motif found on ancient ceramic faces. It has 3D humanoid facial features - However- the one eye, nose and mouth look shoved out of their natural position. I have found one in PA and one in Indiana so far...but am told it is common in the Mississippi Valley region.

      Does anyone have any examples found in their regions of this motif that they could refer me to?

      Deb Twigg
      Executive Director
      SRAC
      607-727-3111