1,100 words

  • charles bruns
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012
      If you have time, what do you think of this?  ready for prime time?  anyway will have to work on 10 jpgs to get right order.  really should write something too.  this site seems to be boxes within boxes.  looking for stuff in the background of high resolution files lit a fire under me - so did zooming about on Google Earth.  Now that they are using post Ham Lake fire satelite images it is great.  Good news is that Gunflint Lodge believes site is on Federal Land as some kind of setback from the border that Interior regulates.
      Surrounded by folks who think I am a jerk for not admitting this is the work of glaciers, fantasizing is the word they use.  I too am without online hook up and have to bus about town to libraries.  lots of spots have wifi 'with purchase'.
      Glad to hear you are getting a bit of steam up.  Next summer is coming and last fall the big burn in the BWCA was right by the little dolmen on the Kelso River.  That would be a day trip, no hills, and 99% sitting in a canoe to the dolmen - out of Sawbill Landing into the BWCA.  Anyway it is a thought if you want to cool off on the North Shore of Lake Superior.    keep in touch,  char bruns