welcome

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012

      Welcome to the many new members who have joined the past two or three months ... three last week and two before that that I want to acknowledge. I've not accessed public library computers for awhile though have been following posts via my iphone.

      As most of you know, by clicking ____New Members center of the Home Page, the latest newcomers' screen names and emails are listed for about a week:

      I am unable to discern first names, approximate localities (or nearby ancient global waterway!) of most who join our group, but see can see that the two who signed on January 1st--- Jeff and Rachael--- became members #100 & 101. We also respect members' anonymity, too. Welcome to all here.

      Besides new members, new Files, Photos (i.e., 10 excellent photos sent this week by Charles w/descriptions), Links, etc. are also listed on the Home Page for approximately a week.

      Thank you to founder MinnesotaStan for continuing to host and act as an overseer in behalf of the group. I have enjoyed reading all of your excellent posts and oftentimes much thought and study that went into the past submissions by dozens of you, especially when expressing opposing yet respectful views such as recent posts by cohost Vince Barrows and Ross Hamilton, and so many here for your fine fine submissions and files---- too many for me to list here.

      Dozens within this very diverse, international membership are posting regularly. yet requiring little or very minimal amount of 'moderating' .... As one of the 'co-hosts' here, I certainly derive much benefit from the continuanace and growth of this respectful and unique group.

      My health seems to have returned but not the same for my old computer, which I have been without for several months. My hour is up here so will write tomorrow. Best wishes in 2012 to all. Susan English

    • David S Brody
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2012

        Hi All, and Happy New Year.

        I just wanted to let everyone know my new novel is now live on Kindle.  Title is Thief on the Cross: Templar Secrets in America.

        http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OQIXCG/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

        Here is summary:

        ******************************

        Why would a collector of ancient American artifacts hand over his prized pieces to a historian and then shoot himself in the head? And why does an ancient Templar scroll in his possession refer to Jesus Christ as “The Thief on the Cross?”

        The answer places historian Cameron Thorne at the dangerous intersection of secret American history and modern geopolitical intrigue. Following clues contained in both ancient American artifacts and medieval European masterpieces, Cameron and his fiancée Amanda Spencer race to uncover the true secrets of early Christianity before a splinter group of Mormon zealots silence them forever.

        Just as they did in Cabal of the Westford Knight: Templars at the Newport Tower, Cameron and Amanda discover, examine and interpret ancient artifacts and legends scattered throughout North America that reveal a history of European exploration long before Columbus . But how do the Burrows Cave stone carvings, the Bat Creek Stone, the Prince Madoc legend, the Book of Mormon and the Mandan tribe of “White Indians” relate to the medieval Templars? Only when they learn about the head of Baphomet and examine Leonard da Vinci’s Mona Lisa and Virgin on the Rocks do the pieces finally begin to fit together.

        What they learn shocks them. And may get them killed.

        *******************************

        (Warning:  The title and subject matter are a bit controversial, and may be offensive to readers with strong Christian beliefs.  So please be careful who you recommend it to.)

        This is a “soft” release for friends and family, priced at $2.99 for the first few weeks.  My hope is that early readers will notify me of any typos and also post reviews if they like the book.  The physical book will be available in a few weeks.

        This is fiction, which allows me to operate under a lesser standard of proof.  Even so, I think members will enjoy—and recognize—some of the research.  And obviously many will be familiar with many of the sites/artifacts.  Hope people have a chance to check it out.

        Best,

        Dave Brody

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2012
          Welcome to new member John C. (meso099) today and thank you for joining our membership.

           David Brody, thank you for sending the link to your new novel.  Great to learn too, of your new book, Rick Osmon. So many members here have been authoring books, articles, speaking at conferences or are participants in documentaries... by all means, please let us know about these initial media releases and events that relate to this group.  especially well ahead if they are events.

          Soeaking if which, I received the following a week or two ago from member Bob Wheeler in Houghton, Michigan about an event coming up this Friday evening which I may try to attend if I drive up north for a winter's supple of roadside artesian  water.  If anyone will be in western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, this should be an interesting program. I believe that area us in the Eastern Time Zone.
          Bob, please feel free to post these public events directly. I know we have several members within driving distance of Houghton who are not AAPS members so would not otherwise hear of these public activities.
           Thanks, Susan

          HOPEWELL CULTURE

          At 7:00pm on Friday, January 6th, Wayne May,
           [wwayne@...], publisher of Ancient American magazine, will speak on the Hopewell Culture at the Portage Lake District Library.
           From around 600 BC to 400 AD the Hopewell Culture was the dominate civilization in Ohio River area. They are known for the extensive mounds that they built and the artwork they left behind. Wayne will emphasize "Fort Ancient" a mound complex that is particularly well preserved and very interesting.
          This program is sponsored by the Copper Country Ancient Sites Conservancy and is free and open to the public.

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroup
           "Susan" <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

          > Welcome to the many new members who have joined the past two or three
          > months ... three last week and two before that that I want to
          > acknowledge. I've not accessed public library computers for awhile
          > though have been following posts via my iphone.
          >

          > As most of you know, by clicking ____New Members
          > <http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/members?o=\
          > 6> center of the Home Page, the latest newcomers' screen names and
          > emails are listed for about a week:

          > 6>
          >
          > I am unable to discern first names, approximate localities (or nearby
          > ancient global waterway!) of most who join our group, but see can see
          > that the two who signed on January 1st--- Jeff and Rachael--- became
          > members #100 & 101. We also respect members' anonymity, too. Welcome to
          > all here.
          >

          > Besides new members, new Files, Photos (i.e., 10 excellent photos sent
          > this week by Charles w/descriptions), Links, etc. are also listed on the
          > Home Page for approximately a week.
          >

          > Thank you to founder MinnesotaStan for continuing to host and act as an
          > overseer in behalf of the group. I have enjoyed reading all of your
          > excellent posts and oftentimes much thought and study that went into the
          > past submissions by dozens of you, especially when expressing opposing
          > yet respectful views such as recent posts by cohost Vince Barrows and
          > Ross Hamilton, and so many here for your fine fine submissions and
          > files---- too many for me to list here.
          >

          > Dozens within this very diverse, international membership are posting
          > regularly. yet requiring little or very minimal amount of 'moderating'
          > .... As one of the 'co-hosts' here, I certainly derive much benefit from
          > the continuanace and growth of this respectful and unique group.
          >

          > My health seems to have returned but not the same for my old computer,
          > which I have been without for several months. My hour is up here so will
          > write tomorrow. Best wishes in 2012 to all. Susan English

        • Rick O
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
            For anyone who didn't read David's first novel, you should. For those who did read it, you know why I say that.

            Good luck with it, Dave, I'll be downloading my copy to my Kindle for PC. That's right, Folks! You do not have to own a Kindle to read a Kindle book!. And it's a free download!

            Go HERE  to find out how to buy, download, and read books, magazines, nearly anything on Kindle for PC (including The Graves of the Golden Bear )

            Sorry Dave, couldn't resist...

            --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "David S Brody" <DavidSBrody@...> wrote:

            > Hi All, and Happy New Year.
            >

            > I just wanted to let everyone know my new novel is now live on Kindle.
            > Title is Thief on the Cross: Templar Secrets in America.
            >

            > http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OQIXCG/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb
            >

            > Here is summary:
            >

            > ******************************
            >

            > Why would a collector of ancient American artifacts hand over his prized
            > pieces to a historian and then shoot himself in the head? And why does an
            > ancient Templar scroll in his possession refer to Jesus Christ as �The Thief
            > on the Cross?�
            >

            > The answer places historian Cameron Thorne at the dangerous intersection of
            > secret American history and modern geopolitical intrigue. Following clues
            > contained in both ancient American artifacts and medieval European
            > masterpieces, Cameron and his fianc�e Amanda Spencer race to uncover the
            > true secrets of early Christianity before a splinter group of Mormon zealots
            > silence them forever.
            >

            > Just as they did in Cabal of the Westford Knight: Templars at the Newport
            > Tower, Cameron and Amanda discover, examine and interpret ancient artifacts
            > and legends scattered throughout North America that reveal a history of
            > European exploration long before Columbus. But how do the Burrows Cave stone
            > carvings, the Bat Creek Stone, the Prince Madoc legend, the Book of Mormon
            > and the Mandan tribe of �White Indians� relate to the medieval Templars?
            > Only when they learn about the head of Baphomet and examine Leonard da
            > Vinci�s Mona Lisa and Virgin on the Rocks do the pieces finally begin to fit
            > together.
            >

            > What they learn shocks them. And may get them killed.
            >

            > *******************************
            >

            > (Warning: The title and subject matter are a bit controversial, and may be
            > offensive to readers with strong Christian beliefs. So please be careful
            > who you recommend it to.)
            >

            > This is a �soft� release for friends and family, priced at $2.99 for the
            > first few weeks. My hope is that early readers will notify me of any typos
            > and also post reviews if they like the book. The physical book will be
            > available in a few weeks.
            >

            > This is fiction, which allows me to operate under a lesser standard of
            > proof. Even so, I think members will enjoy�and recognize�some of the
            > research. And obviously many will be familiar with many of the
            > sites/artifacts. Hope people have a chance to check it out.
            >

            > Best,
            >
            > Dave Brody

          • David S Brody
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012

              Thanks for the kind words, Rick.

              And your book deserves as many plugs as it can get!

              Best,

              Dave

> [...]

              > together.
              >

              > What they learn shocks them. And may get them killed.
              >

              > *******************************
              >

              > (Warning: The title and subject matter are a bit controversial, and may be
              > offensive to readers with strong Christian beliefs. So please be careful
              > who you recommend it to.)
              >

              > This is a �soft� release for friends and family, priced at $2.99 for
              the
              > first few weeks. My hope is that early readers will notify me of any typos
              > and also post reviews if they like the book. The physical book will be
              > available in a few weeks.
              >

              > This is fiction, which allows me to operate under a lesser standard of
              > proof. Even so, I think members will enjoy�and recognize�some of the
              > research. And obviously many will be familiar with many of the
              > sites/artifacts. Hope people have a chance to check it out.

            • David S Brody
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6 11:44 AM

                Hi All:

                The paper version of my new book is now live at this site:

                https://www.createspace.com/3782528

                Over the next few weeks it will become available at other sites (such as the main Amazon site) as well.

                As I said, many sites and artifacts that will be familiar to this group.

                Regards,

                Dave Brody

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
                  Do comment if you have piece of information to add to any posts on the
                  site. Susan preferred to send mail to all on the site.

                  ted