Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Archeological progress is a slow thing, but not uncertain

  • joe white
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 15, 2011
      DNA Testing of remains could be most useful.

      sitting owl

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 15, 2011
        Jeff, Tesla was a Serbian-American.

        As to the claims about him being connected to Tunguska, try this link as a starting point:
        http://www.teslasociety.com/tunguska.htm
        Steve Garcia

      • quarefremeruntgentes7@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 15, 2011
          Native Americans might have better luck with the authorities nowadays, than in 1830.

          I hope the 1823 Johnson v. Mcintosh case did not involve the family of a distant uncle of mine, late Brig. Gen. Lachlan McIntosh.

          Jeff

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: "joe white" <joe_white@...>
          Sender: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 08:44:34 -0500
          To: <ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
          Cc: Pamela Sexton<psexton50@...>

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 8, 2012
            I might lose out in court. I am suspecting that my county, and several counties here in Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas are situated on land that was permanently ceded, by treaty, to the independent Platte Nation. Sadly, it seems that white folks have not honored their obligations under this treaty, as anyone who goes for a ride through Platte City, Acheson, Benenda, etc. may easily observe.

            Jeff

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 9, 2012
              Sadly, the majority of the treaties, even the later ones on the Black
              Hills, were easily changed by subsequent laws. The Dawes act really
              was meant to split up the reservations and give title that could be
              given away, taken or sold. The design was to change the culture, or
              assimilate the inhabitants.
              Vine de Loria did a lot of work on the subject. The Long Island
              tribes are trying to get their land back according to treaties past,
              and some are trying to establish themselves again so that they can
              have casinos in the Hamptons. There are one or two religious leaders
              there fighting against the tribes goal. They know the cost to their
              children. We have half a dozen casinos in my area that are run by
              the HO Chunk nation, and they are getting their money back from the
              surrounding people, one pull of the bandit's arm at a time. :-)
              I hope they use their money wisely, as a son of a friend is a
              counselor at a tribe in Minnesota where the children of that tribe are
              in great need of help. They are falling victim to drugs, alcohol, and
              the influence of a large payment they will receive when they turn 18.

              What price financial "freedom" if it costs you your soul and your
              culture?

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 9, 2012
                So far as the legacy of white American stands, good, bad, or otherwise, I believe the Creator made man in his own image, that recognizing inalienable rights, the Bill of Rights, and Equal Justice are good things, but, sadly, admit we have observed these more 'in theory', than 'in practice'.

                Jeff

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 10, 2012
                  My mom rook a lot of interest in Vine de Loria's writings. As an adult, I have taken different opinions than my folks on many things, but may get around to checking out his efforts on my own.

                  Jeff

                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T