MES Symposium Sept. 30-Oct. 2 in Columbus, OH

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2011
      Coming up this weekend is the Midwestern Epigraphic Society Symposium
      Midwestern Epigraphic Society Symposium
      September 30-October 2, 2011 se
      Columbus Airport Marriott , 1375 N. Cassady Ave, Columbus, Oh 43219

      Keynote speaker is Ian Hudson with the Galvin Menzes project.  And, Dr Siu-Leung Lee, Dr James Krehbiel, Dr J Huston McCulloch, and Rich Moats.   Several others included in this impressive lineup of speakers are also members/friends of Ancient Waterways Society: William Connor, Larry Gallant, Lee Pennington,  Wayne May, and Scott Wolter.  Cost for the three day  symposium w/Sunday field trips is only $60; College students  arefree w/ID.

      Members who will attend the symposium (and those who attended the AAPS Conference in Marquette, Michigan two weeks ago), please post a few notes or comments to this group.  Any members knowing of other conferences, organizational meetings, or field trips related to the broad interests of this group, freely post links and include descriptive announcements.

      Thanks to all from the group for recent links...Vince, Renoud, and others.  Crystal, thanks for your Post and offer to send photos and addl. information on the work you and Wayne have been doing in Oklahoma and Colorado.  Looking forward to it.
      Soon as I get a computer I will backtrack to excellent posts and submissions by so many members the past few weeks.  Steve Garcia...you are never off-subject here and I am always delighted in your delving into very ancient human times rarely addressed by vocational or avocationional scientific research.   Ted, please submit to the group the link you sent me earlier today.

      Thanks to all here assisting as group moderators....the more, the better at a site such as ours,