Ancient Earthworks Society SW Wis.- SUNDAY AUG 14 FIELD TRIP

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2011

      Just received this, for tomorrow near Devils Lake/Spirit Lake, Wisconsin:

      AES -- SUNDAY AUG 14 FIELD TRIP AT THE LAKE --update

      Saturday, August 13, 2011 9:50 AM     From:
      "Ancient Earthworks Society of Wisconsin" ancientearthworks@...

      The Ancient Earthworks Society
      is dedicated to the rediscovery,
      study, and protection of the
      effigy mounds of Wisconsin.

      HI EVERYBODY!
      WEATHER SHOULD BE BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AT DEVILS LAKE--
      79 DEGREES , SUNNY, WITH A NICE BREEZE!.
      PLEASE NOTE --- IN ADDITION TO MEETING AT
      LOG CABIN,RESTAURANT AT NOON (LUNCH) OR 1PM (CAR POOL)
      YOU CAN ALSO MEET US AT THE BIRD EFFIGY MOUND
      ON DEVILS LAKE SOUTH (EAST) SHORE AT 1:15PM
      PLEASE RSVP IF POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE JOINING US FOR LUNCH.
      EMAIL OR CALL LINDA : 608-356-3556

      FIELD TRIP SUNDAY AUGUST 14, 2011
      THE MOUNDS AT DEVILS LAKE
      aka: SPIRIT LAKE
      NOON: Meet at the Log Cabin Restaurant for lunch
      Route 33 / 1215 8th St. in Baraboo
      Phone number: 356-8034
      OR
      1PM Also at Log Cabin Restaurant
      We'll leave some of our cars there and give rides to Devils Lake
      in the vehicles that already have park passes.
      Without a state park pass, the fee is $7.00 per vehicle.
      We'll meet at the bird mound near the south shore swimming area.
      We will discuss the latest survey of the mound, and view the
      Buffalo Boulder and Balanced Rock.
      Then take a look at the north shore mounds.
      Stay afterwards to swim, fish or boat!
      Bring cash for park fee, food, drinking water, snacks, sun screen,
      swim suit and water shoes (the lake has a rocky bottom), binoculars, compass.
      FOR MORE INFO CONTACT LINDA 608-356-3556
      .
      For those unfamiliar with that area, here are a couple of links about Devils Lake and mounds: