ANCIENT AMERICAN Vol. 15, Issue # 91

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2011
      All,
      I have been a subscriber of Ancient Amerian Magazine since its beginnings...long before I met the publisher-family and tend to drop everything, as now, when the magazine arrives.  Especially the past couple of years because so many of the articles, photography, books/reviews. research citations are by or about an increasing number of members here, some anonamous.  This issue is no exception and I shall list  titles and authors from the Index, etc.

      Wayne May sent me an extra issue again this month, so if any members here (USA or elsewhere) would like to view a copy, please email me your address and I will send this copy or put your name on a list for future issues (6x/year).

      ANCIENT AMERICAN-Arhaelogy of the America Before Columbus: Vol 15, Issue# #91  Copper Miners of the Great Lakes: 5000 BC to 1500 BC
      Baal Worhip Site Discovered at Northwest Georgia's Fort Mountain, by Thomas D. Cox, Archaelogist, Petroglyphologist

       Pre-Inca Aviators of the Andes , by Frank Joseph

      The Old Copper Complex by David Johnson;   excellent photographs by author & AWS member

      The Sincerest Form of Flattery, by Robert N. Converse;  reprinted w/permission from the Ohio Archaelogist

      Giant Neanderthal Hybrids Discovered on the Pacific Coast,  by Fritz Zimmerman

      America's Stonehenge: A Map of the Atlantic Ocean in Stones by J. S. Wakefield & Dr. R. M. de Jonge (AWS member); excellent illustrations.  I hope we hear comment from other Mystery Hill authors and researchers from this group.

      The Egyptian, Olmec, Maya, & Chinese Connection by Colette Thomas Smith (index page also lists Mary Tsui, Janet Brennan & Ron Smith)

      How Old is the Sphinx? A Thorny Question Facing the Estblishment, by Dr. John J. White, III

      Columns & News:

      "Scientists Probe Lake Huron for Signs of Pre-historic

      Caribou Hunters",  by Randy Boswell, Postmedia News

      "The Rosetta Bowl of La Plaz", by Ned Phoenix

      "California Islands Give Up Evidence of Early Seafaring: Numerous Artifacts Found at Late Pleistocene Sites on the Channel Islands" (Science Daily, 3/04/11)

      Book Review by Charles C. Mann of Charles Mann's 1491: New Revelations of the Americas

      "The Owl Rock, by Jim Miles