Re: Georgia Petroglyphs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011

      My apologies, Chris.  Looks like the link is fine:  http://www.examiner.com/architecture-design-in-national/experts-solve-mystery-of-ancient-stone-monument-near-atlanta  Very, vry interesting to me as I am sure it will be to other members.  I hope to see comments.

      All, I am still spending more time than not at the hospital these days, will start chemotherapy Thursday.  I am  checking the groups site when I can access a computer and happy to think about this interesting group of serious researchers and friends when things get a bit uncomfortable here.

      There have been a number of terrific posts, subjects and links that have come up the past several weeks...must food for thought; some of you might want to add further comments at a later date.  If you pick up the link, your post will cascade beneath previous posts/comments on a certain subject.

      Thanks Jamey and so many of you for your intercommunications; my special appreciation when members welcome newcomers and try to acknowledge the posts and web sites, articles, books of others, especially those who have not posted before.  I do realize that only the host/co-hosts receive email notices when members join or leave the group.   And, too, thanks for keeping in mind ancient, global waterways and the group as a whole in your postings.

      one of the co-hosts and founders, Susan from Central Wisconsin

      In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > and re- submit? I am on an I-phone but could not seem to bring up
      > anything on Georgia petroglyphs. Thanks for posting. Susan English
      > Sent from my iPhone
      > --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Piltdown Jack"
      > piltdownjack@ wrote:
      > >
      > Hello,
      > >
      > I've been reading the posts for quite awhile but haven't posted anything
      > myself. In order to rectify this here is something that I found that
      > might be of interest.
      >
      > http://www.examiner.com/architecture-design-in-national/experts-solve-my\
      > stery-of-ancient-stone-monument-near-atlanta
      > <http://www.examiner.com/architecture-design-in-national/experts-solve-m\
      > ystery-of-ancient-stone-monument-near-atlanta> _
      > >
      > Christopher Wick J.D.
      >
      > > _._,_.___
      > >
      > > Reply to
      > <mailto:hancocklarry40@?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bancient_waterways_society%\
      > 5D%20Laurentian%20Menhir%20-%20%23931> sender | Reply to
      > <mailto:ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Banc\
      > ient_waterways_society%5D%20Laurentian%20Menhir%20-%20%23931> group |
      > TJxZGVxMmRsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0MDA1MDU2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTk0MjUwN\
      > QRtc2dJZAMyNDIyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTMwNjc4MjAyOQ--?act=repl\
      > y&messageNum=2422> via web post |
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/post;_ylc=X3oDM\
      > TJmMHVrOGswBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0MDA1MDU2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTk0MjUwN\
      > QRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMDY3ODIwMjk-> Start a New Topic
      > >
      > > Messages in this topic
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/message/2415;_y\
      > lc=X3oDMTM1bWltNTVxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0MDA1MDU2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwN\
      > Tk0MjUwNQRtc2dJZAMyNDIyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMwNjc4MjAyOQR0c\
      > GNJZAMyNDE1> (3)
      > >
      > > Recent Activity:
      > >
      > > ·
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/members;_ylc=X3\
      > oDMTJnMTZpMnI3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0MDA1MDU2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTk0Mj\
      > UwNQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMzA2NzgyMDI5?o=6> New Members 1

      > I5bmNhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0MDA1MDU2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTk0MjUwNQRzZW\
      > MDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzMDY3ODIwMjk-> Visit Your Group

      > zE0MDA1MDU2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTk0MjUwNQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTMwN\
      > jc4MjAyOQ--> Yahoo! Groups
      > >
      > > Switch to:
      > <mailto:ancient_waterways_society-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Ch\
      > ange%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
      > <mailto:ancient_waterways_society-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%2\
      > 0Delivery:%20Digest> Daily Digest •
      > <mailto:ancient_waterways_society-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Un\
      > of Use
      > >
      > > .
      > >

      > <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=14005056/grpspId=1705942505/\
      > msgId=2422/stime=1306782029/nc1=5741393/nc2=5028924/nc3=3848627>

    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2011
        I went back to the link early this afternoon around 12:45 est after visiting late in the AM; it was fine then but now another article has been posted so you have to search for it at the the same link or site.

        It is rather puzzling how this isn't a mystery to many who have issues it seems when it comes to avoiding some ethnic sources. It reminds me of a news crew giving a tour on CSPAN shortly before Bush Jr was inaugerated.

        The spokesman bluntly said:

        "I don't want to get my history wrong, I have my mic with me."

        It a good thing he wasn't called apon to present something new heck we all make mistakes with a degree or not error is not an immunity regarding one philosophy or another. It may be good to support progress, dues are still paid of course.

        be well,