death of glacial geologist/diver/author Lloyd Hornbostel

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2007
      Stan, All,

      A shorter version of a post to the THOR group, am inserting here this
      item related to the passing of a historian who 'traveled', was a
      diver into many ancient global waterways, and was fine friend to
      many. Many researchers are certified divers, since most ancient
      shorelines are underwater.

      Editor of Ancient American Magazine, Frank Joseph, asked last week if
      I would let people know that Lloyd Hornbostel, a benevolent man of
      many talents anc accomplishments, died last month. Renowned glacial
      geologist, historian, and author, Lloyd was an admired friend to
      avocational and professional reseachers alike.

      Many affilliated with these web sites and AAAPF knew
      Lloyd through his research and proficient diving skills with the Rock
      Lake Research Society, which the web site states is "a multi-
      disciplined group of professionals dedicated to recording and
      preserving the underwater structures of Rock Lake". On the web site
      are specifics about Lloyd. Click "History" which details the ancient
      geological background of Rock Lake located within the town of Lake
      Mills, the Aztalan mounds are three miles away. All at the research
      society are scuba diver, as is Frank who has been in documentaries
      diving in Japan and other sites around the world.

      Lloyd and the Rock Lake Research Society have been on national
      television documentaries; I believe that group was on a fairly recent
      but poorly represented/researched Rock Lake inquiry on "Digging for
      the Truth".

      Rock Lake Research Society, photo and description of Hornbostel:

      http://www.rocklakeresearch.com/team.htm
      Lloyd was well ahead of his time, as one can see in a description of
      his 1996 book, "An Act of God"--'unique tale of global winter and
      exciting journey into the strength of the human spirit'.

      So many fine research friends have passed on this year, and I just
      wanted to pay tribute by way of information I found on this obviously
      fine gentleman.

      Susan English