suggest posts be temporarily on-hold til we get to the roots of matters here

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2007
      Stan, and Ancient Waterways members and onlookers,

      First of all, welcome to the new member. Probably a confusing time
      to come onto the site with the continual reruns of posts. I see the
      Thor site is having the same multiple duplications, seems to be at
      other Yahoo sites, as well.

      Stan was joking when I wrote to him about the earlier duplications
      and said we might have a poltergeist, but I am wondering if Yahoo
      might not have something similar! In the meantime until MinnesotaStan
      or I can get to the roots of the problem...not sure who one contacts.
      Technology these days seems to be on auto-pilot w/humanless help
      lines and answering machines.

      I carefully edited the duplicates out, had a dozen or two more this
      morning, and suspect you are going to be saying hello to this post
      more times than you care to.

      Jamey, thanks to you and so many here, the posts escalate. I look at
      this group as very special research group...not too large, but I
      believe we have more people posting than many of the sites with many
      times more than our 18, now. Part of the growth in correspondence
      since Stan set up the web page after we met at an Ancient Earthworks
      meeting two or three years ago is because MinnesotaStan in Madison,
      and I up in Wausau, Wisconsin are coincidentally heading into at
      least semi-retirement, finding more time the past few months to post
      at AWS, but also PreColumbain Inscriptions and other avenues of
      interest. What I enjoy especially about this group is that you seem
      here to not be competitive and encourage, add to each other's lives
      and research. Isn't "synergy" something akin to 'the sum of the whole
      being greater than the sum of its parts'...ad infinitum? Or something
      like that, not having taken physics. But I see that here, very much.
      Not trying to add quantity in numbers of members, but the quality of
      research and hopefully our lives are enhanced because of our
      association(s). Many who post or not---and there are many, many
      onlookers here who have not joined who are finding common ground
      within the circle of this research group.

      Some members here, just by being amongst us gives us people to do
      research as a group body. A few add to the "Links" page. And those
      who shareing & updating personal Yahoo Profiles contribute unique
      messages within themselves. If I want to 'converse' further with
      Marti, who we heard from soon after she joined, I take a beautiful,
      quiet walk within her heavenly world by way of slideshows on her web
      page.

      Mike White is a member here, but he is host of over a dozen groups of
      several thousand members, total. But we have conversed off-line a few
      times, and he has given me many fine insights.

      My bungalow across the parkway from a high bank on the Wisconsin
      River is the setting of frequent small meetings, an open door for
      those who purposefully share this courageous and common quest. All
      who do travel and engage in this research do so from voluntary
      efforts of time and funding. As I once offered at PreColumbian
      Inscriptions, too, each of you at the Ancient Waterways Society site
      is welcome here, too, as months will become years we are 'traveling'
      at this site together. Anyone passing through the Central heart of
      Wisconsin on a Sunday evening or non-weekend night has welcome,
      complimentary space on a couch, porch, or empty grown child's bed.
      Regardless whether I am in town or not.

      The Ancient American publisher and editor have stayed here, Fred
      Rydolm, writer David Hoffman is a frequent guest; until breakfast, I
      don't even know he is around-he buries himeself in my Lizzie's attic
      room studying ancient Wiscosnin River and tributaries. Pam Giese from
      AWS stayed here a few years ago during an equinox or solstice
      persiod, I believev, then led a large group teaching some of the
      things she loves most which well relate to the wisdom of the ancients.

      Dr. James Scherz stops here very often for coffee or to look at
      something on the Internet. I always have him look at a couple of AWS
      posts, which he said is a great group for "paper". Any time with Jim
      Scherz is an old or ancient waterways meeting. He, Rydholm, David
      Hoffman, Ancient American staff, and Thor Heyerdahl's protege, David
      Hatcher-Chidress/WEX members, and others is where the name of this
      Ancient Waterways Society web site began.

      Many of you here seem to be 'living' some of the finest, healthiest
      teachings passed down from wise ancients who span the limits of time,
      left many layers of clues, and who breathe strength into those of us
      who are seeking to help restore the natural creation here & ourselves
      toward the integrity of our original design.

      Sorry for going on and on, so to, if the post does the same....

      Susan
    • Rick Osmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2007
        Apparently the repetive posts was due to a bug in the new Yahoo Groups
        admin software. It seems to be fixed.

        Oz

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"