Fwd: AES SUN. MAY 15 --LEARN TO MAP AT THE MAN MOUND

  • Susan English
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011
    Sorry- rec'd this better version. Susan

    Sent from my iPhone

    From: Ancient Earthworks Society of Wisconsin <ancientearthworks@...>
    Date: May 10, 2011
    Subject:
    AES SUN. MAY 15 --LEARN TO MAP AT THE MAN MOUND

    I'm sorry the font wasn't very readable on the previous email
    Below is the info, plain and simple (and a flyer is attached for distribution):

    On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Ancient Earthworks Society of Wisconsin <ancientearthworks@...> wrote:
    ANCIENT EARTHWORKS SOCIETY
           dedicated to the study and protection
           of the magnificent ancient mounds of Wisconsin

    Hello All,
    We are re-energizing the Ancient Earthworks Society,
    and your attendance/support would be greatly appreciated!
    The AES has supported protection of Native American sacred sites,
    unearthed old survey data showing where sites are so they can be
    protected, and collected old historic documents that chronicle the
    migrations of American Indian groups across the continent.
    PLEASE JOIN US FOR ARCHAEOLOGICAL ADVENTURES IN OUR OWN BACKYARDS!
     Thanks, Linda Meadowcroft  608-356-3556

    SUNDAY MAY 15, 2011
     FIELD TRIP SCHEDULE:

    1:00 pm MEET AT LOG CABIN INN IN BARABOO,
      HWY 33 OFF OF RT 90/94 FROM MADISON, Wisconsin
    2:00pm MEET AT MAN MOUND COUNTY PARK,                                  ON MAN MOUND RD BETWEEN HWY T AND RT 33 IN BARABOO

    PROGRAM AT THE MAN MOUND (or at THE LOG CABIN IN THE EVENT OF STORMS):

    DONNA STEHLING--AES, SAUK COUNTY SUPERVISOR       The Adventures of the AES
    ROBERT NURRE--SAUK CO. HIST. SOCIETY, WIS. ARCHAEO. SOCIETY                                   New Developments at an Old Site
    BILL WENZEL--REGISTERED SURVEYOR
                                  Preserving Ancient Sites with Modern Surveys

    Also LEARN HOW TO MAKE ROUGH FIELD SKETCH MAPS OF MOUND SITES
             bring a compass and graph paper if you them, and a pencil and notepad

    For additional information call: 608-356-3556