Group Links

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2011

      I have mentioned this before, but a flaw at YahooGroups is that there are no dates or any way for members to determine which of the links in our Links section is new, as I and others have noticed when trying to click into the sites.  Whoever recently submitted  the 3 New Links  (and those posting future links), please let us know via a Post.

      Thanks, Susan

    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2011

        I was waiting for Special Notice... sorry Susan. But since I'm here and that is a few hours away and I'm not aware of anyone that recives special notices and email...which is possible!

        Links are not really that big of a deal as perhaps Calender events this isn't a class even though the links are educational one also has the option to use the site to reconize what is & isn't new  more than a few time.

        Explore Sacred Lands & Sacred Lands Film Project
        Interactive Map -- Archiving advocacy provided by Sacred Sites International Foundation ...UNESCO may have some part in it but perhaps we can help even more for those sites that may not be listed or in need of updates.
        http://www.sacredland.org/home/resources/sacred-lands-interactive-map/

        additional note needed...

        This interactive map has to be enlaged to note sites & archives. The button to do so is in the botton left hand corner. It will become iluminated when curser is over it for those with poor eyesite or small computer screens.

        INTERNATIONAL DARK-SKY ASSOCIATION [IDA]
        NIGHT SKY CONSERVATION... perhaps the best awareness & educational issues regarding protected sites/Rez concerns in metropolitan & corporate areas to close to home as well.
        http://www.darksky.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=118982&orgId=idsa

        SkyBeautiful
        Interact with 100000 stars nearest to earth. Explore gorgeous celestial photography, illustrations, videos, and storys about your favorite constellations, ...
        http://www.skybeautiful.com/

        It's not really a flaw it's an email Yahoo! group option. You can do 1 or 2 things... perhaps 3. And I wouldn't suggest a 4th but it is an option for members as well. Just for group links, added photos or special notices unless you are really involved in AWS or any other group which will require 2 emails: 1 email option for emails and one for no email or special notices which I haven't recived an email yet.

        Special Notices to a group at Yahoo! are sent via email within 24 hrs.
        Thumbnails of images added are sent in special notices or no email option so are Calendar events etc..

        Most people rather recive only email... you can not recieve special notices and email unless you have 2 listed emails at the same site that's why you may find a person using 2 emails in a particular group... additional information & options.

        3 Add group links in post as I will or visit the site from time to time and check out links, calendar, added files or additional educational features offered at this AWS group site.

        note:

        Search options may be impoving at Yahoo! groups. Inactive groups for 6 months will be terminated so keep this in mind also.

        As far as moderator contrubutions and assistance which is invaluable at Yahoo! I highly recomended not only an alt.addy with the same password & the same group addy to tack on sn such as jameyboyusasn so you can recieve special notices and visit the site if needed plus have email as most are use too.