  • jo samuelson
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 4 10:10 AM

      Just thought I would share this website.

      http://nmuanthro.net/Welcome.html

      Tracing the Trail: The Anishinaabeg Migration Route along St Lawrence Seaway and Lake Superior.

      Jo Ann
    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 4 6:21 PM
        Wow!! Thanks Jo Ann

        jamey

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, jo samuelson <josamuelson@...> wrote:

        > Just thought I would share this website.
        >
        > http://nmuanthro.net/Welcome.html
        >
        > Tracing the Trail: The Anishinaabeg Migration Route along St Lawrence Seaway and Lake Superior.
        >
        > Jo Ann

      • Martin Carriere
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 5 4:42 AM
          Appreciate the link Jo-Ann

          In looking over the site there seem to be some bits of missing information. The hereditary elders of the Midiwiwin lodge hold a  different version of the past than the elected elders do. The traditional families hold that the migration took place during the peaceful alliances with the Metis and the Ojibwa shariing the territory and the migration as one. It was in 1798 that my own family negotiated for and purchased the 10 square miles above the falls of St. Mary's from the Beaubigost Aninu (the people who live above the falls) who were the original Chippewa families settled there from hundreds of years before the migration. The Metis at the time were chiefs amoung the Chippewa and still are today. Many of our family were traditional Midiwiwin people and held and carried the sacred bundles out west. Whether some of these new ones are making colonial sponsiored mistakes at the expense of remembering the true history of the migration and passage of the Midiwiwin traditions it is important to remember that all of our families have very long memories. The traditional territories of the huron confederated families is considered as jointly held by the Metis and the Ojibwa as both of our branches descend from the same Huron-Chippewa-European alliances.We are equally, Metis and Ojibwa, both children of the sun.

          Best to all,

          Martin Carriere
          Great White Eagle

          > Just thought I would share this website.
          >
          > http://nmuanthro.net/Welcome.html
          >
          > Tracing the Trail: The Anishinaabeg Migration Route along St Lawrence Seaway and Lake Superior.
          >
          > Jo Ann

        • jo samuelson
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 5 5:08 AM

            Martin, You could always contact the researchers/creators of the web site and inform them of your families traditions and story. Help fill in that missing information. If you read the 'About Us" page, it is a work in progress and there is contact information provided. Help to write the history they are laying down.
            Have a nice day.
            Jo Ann

            To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com

            > Just thought I would share this website.
            >
            > http://nmuanthro.net/Welcome.html
            >
            > Tracing the Trail: The Anishinaabeg Migration Route along St Lawrence Seaway and Lake Superior.
            >
            > Jo Ann

          • Martin Carriere
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 5 5:21 AM
              I did do that yet have not heard back yet. These things can take time.

              Best,

              Martin

              To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com

              > Just thought I would share this website.
              >
              > http://nmuanthro.net/Welcome.html
              >
              > Tracing the Trail: The Anishinaabeg Migration Route along St Lawrence Seaway and Lake Superior.
              >
              > Jo Ann

            • james m clark jr
              Message 6 of 16 , May 5, 2011
                Hey Martin Jo Ann,

                Recently I tried to expain this in a privte yahoo! group without any direct quotes and found it somewhat difficult to expain myself and suggested the public archives of AWS instead... so I was wondering if I could do this at my Ocmulgee Yahoo! group with your consent and blessing.

                I actually quoted Oz a few weeks ago in a public yahoo! group without giving him credit yet or seeking permission. I thought about deleting it as I should have asked before hand but the post is still incomplete on the philosophical subject of historial accounts of denialism examples.

                be well,
                jamey

                "It takes two to make peace"

                Audie Murphy Western - No Name on the Bullet
                Movie #25

                http://www.audiemurphy.com/movies.htm

                --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere <metismartin@...> wrote:

                > I did do that yet have not heard back yet. These things can take time.
                >
                > Best,
                >
                > Martin

              • Martin Carriere
                Message 7 of 16 , May 5, 2011
                  Not sure how this all ties in Jamey yet the entire hsitory of human culture is filled with different variants of denialism at different points as a means of aclimatization to an intenal schism of self preservation or worship when faced with outward challenges of emotional or spiritual challenges.When prrofs of events other than the culturally supported events exist people must become heretics to express the new understanding. The resulting schisms to the culture can help bear out the truth or bury it deeper. The round earth herecy is one such example. The emerging knowledge of our dependancy on the health of the environment is another.

                  I did manage to forward what material was vailable for the link Jo Ann provided. They seem like well intentioned and accomodating people.

                  Peace and blessings,

                  Martin Carriere

                  Recently I tried to expain this in a privte yahoo! group without any direct quotes and found it somewhat difficult to expain myself and suggested the public archives of AWS instead... so I was wondering if I could do this at my Ocmulgee Yahoo! group with your consent and blessing.

                  I actually quoted Oz a few weeks ago in a public yahoo! group without giving him credit yet or seeking permission. I thought about deleting it as I should have asked before hand but the post is still incomplete on the philosophical subject of historial accounts of denialism examples.

                  be well,
                  jamey

                  "It takes two to make peace"

                  Audie Murphy Western - No Name on the Bullet
                  Movie #25

                  http://www.audiemurphy.com/movies.htm

                  --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere <metismartin@...> wrote:

                  > I did do that yet have not heard back yet. These things can take time.
                  >
                  > Best,
                  >
                  > Martin

                • james m clark jr
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 6, 2011
                    Thanks for the input Martin but the only way I ment it to tie in is granted permission or not to which I am seeking from you before proceeding and perhaps the clairty of orignal expression.

                    The subject matter regarding Oz had nothing to do with the Metis or the Ojibwa regarding denialism or the traditional Midiwiwin people or as you say the Huron-Chippewa-European alliances. I publically had simply stated my falt before proceeding in an act of progress that I will seek before deleting if permission is not granted to quote.

                    Hha! And for the record I have been denyed before by Dr. Joe Watkins who is now part of a pbs archeological show on pbs- knowledge in which the station has been banned here locally within the last year which could be at pbs or youtube.

                    The additional input seems ok but for some reason seems a bit centeralized perhaps because it's condensed but I could use some sleep as well. Russel Means comes to mind. Not sure what he is doing on the Alex Jones show. It reminds me of Cowboys when the Duke died.
                    Russel did very well without Alex and his whatever. The silence was politically psychologically distracting yet Russel is on a roll yet
                    the Republic of Lakotah site needs tending to and may need help.

                    be well and take care,
                    jamey

                    http://www.petitiononline.com/Indianus/petition.html_

                    I am #782

                    take care,
                    jamey

                  • Martin Carriere
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 6, 2011
                      Well Jamey, as long as notation is given for the source of the quote I have no problem. By saying these things online I have already agreed to the necessity of public awareness of these issues.

                      Be well,

                      Martin

                      Thanks for the input Martin but the only way I ment it to tie in is granted permission or not to which I am seeking from you before proceeding and perhaps the clairty of orignal expression.

                      The subject matter regarding Oz had nothing to do with the Metis or the Ojibwa regarding denialism or the traditional Midiwiwin people or as you say the Huron-Chippewa-European alliances. I publically had simply stated my falt before proceeding in an act of progress that I will seek before deleting if permission is not granted to quote.

                      Hha! And for the record I have been denyed before by Dr. Joe Watkins who is now part of a pbs archeological show on pbs- knowledge in which the station has been banned here locally within the last year which could be at pbs or youtube.

                      The additional input seems ok but for some reason seems a bit centeralized perhaps because it's condensed but I could use some sleep as well. Russel Means comes to mind. Not sure what he is doing on the Alex Jones show. It reminds me of Cowboys when the Duke died.
                      Russel did very well without Alex and his whatever. The silence was politically psychologically distracting yet Russel is on a roll yet
                      the Republic of Lakotah site needs tending to and may need help.

                      be well and take care,
                      jamey

                      http://www.petitiononline.com/Indianus/petition.html_

                      I am #782

                      take care,
                      jamey

                      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere <metismartin@...> wrote:

                      > Not sure how this all ties in Jamey yet the entire hsitory of human culture is filled with different variants of denialism at different points as a means of aclimatization to an intenal schism of self preservation or worship when faced with outward challenges of emotional or spiritual challenges.When prrofs of events other than the culturally supported events exist people must become heretics to express the new understanding. The resulting schisms to the culture can help bear out the truth or bury it deeper. The round earth herecy is one such example. The emerging knowledge of our dependancy on the health of the environment is another.
                      > I did manage to forward what material was vailable for the link Jo Ann provided. They seem like well intentioned and accomodating people.
                      > Peace and blessings,
                      > Martin Carriere   Â

                    • jo samuelson
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 6, 2011
                        The original link I posted was from NMU Northern Michigan University.
                         nmuanthro.net
                         It was put together by Northern students and their professor. I assume as a graduate project for anthropolgy class.

                        Jo Ann

                        To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jameyboy@...
                        Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 01:57:38 +0000

                        Hey Martin Jo Ann,

                        Recently I tried to expain this in a privte yahoo! group without any direct quotes and found it somewhat difficult to expain myself and suggested the public archives of AWS instead... so I was wondering if I could do this at my Ocmulgee Yahoo! group with your consent and blessing.

                        I actually quoted Oz a few weeks ago in a public yahoo! group without giving him credit yet or seeking permission. I thought about deleting it as I should have asked before hand but the post is still incomplete on the philosophical subject of historial accounts of denialism examples.

                        be well,
                        jamey

                        "It takes two to make peace"

                        Audie Murphy Western - No Name on the Bullet
                        Movie #25

                        http://www.audiemurphy.com/movies.htm

                        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere <metismartin@...> wrote:

                        > I did do that yet have not heard back yet. These things can take time.
                        >
                        > Best,
                        >
                        > Martin

                      • james m clark jr
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 7, 2011
                          I kind of figured that Martin,

                          But you never know until you ask otherwise not many would not otherwise ask.

                          Let us know if you recieved a responce positive or either negative from the Ojibwa. For me personally, it would be the first known positive response recieved from a Mason in modern Indigenous affairs
                          if you do make progress. I really wouldn't see why you couldn't but you never know.

                          be well and careful Martin... I will try and do the same.

                          jamey

                          Ocmulgee is a private group welcoming all levels of education & students/classes for this very purpose of awareness. Here I hope everyone becomes a group moderator... Namely Educators & Elders. The sister group to Yahoo! is class orieinted at Nicenet.org created both 8 years ago in 2003. In my opinion the group still lacks moderators namely Indigenous Moderators before going public.

                        • joe white
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 7, 2011
                            O'siyo Brothers, and Sisters,

                            There are over 100,000 Cherokee Masons, we go back a very long way as
                            Cherokee Masons.  Also the Cherokee Royal Order of The Redman, and Cherokee Masonic
                            Knights Templars, Scottish Rite, York Rite, etc.

                            I am a 3rd Degree, Lodge Number 542, Lawrenceburg,  TN 38464 with a lifetime
                            dues paid card.

                            Shalom,   Gah gey you e,

                            Sitting Owl
                            But you never know until you ask otherwise not many would not otherwise ask.

                            Let us know if you recieved a responce positive or either negative from the Ojibwa. For me personally, it would be the first known positive response recieved from a Mason in modern Indigenous affairs
                            if you do make progress. I really wouldn't see why you couldn't but you never know.

                            be well and careful Martin... I will try and do the same.

                            jamey

                            Ocmulgee is a private group welcoming all levels of education & students/classes for this very purpose of awareness. Here I hope everyone becomes a group moderator... Namely Educators & Elders. The sister group to Yahoo! is class orieinted at Nicenet.org created both 8 years ago in 2003. In my opinion the group still lacks moderators namely Indigenous Moderators before going public.

                            --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere <metismartin@...> wrote:

                            > Well Jamey, as long as notation is given for the source of the quote I have no problem. By saying these things online I have already agreed to the necessity of public awareness of these issues.
                            >
                            > Be well,
                            >
                            > Martin

                          • james m clark jr
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 7, 2011
                              Shabbat Shalom Joe,

                              Perhaps so, but many tribes would rather not permit various orders with oriented european ethos. There seems to be some indiffences form what little I do understand.

                              At looking over the maps at the link Jo Ann provided...
                              nmuanthro.net

                              I noticed the name of Spirit Island to be very simular to the Hebrew Da'ath the secert sphere of knowldege in the Kabbalah tree of life.

                              Rather than the traditional shape of the tree as a shield I created one from a three dimental dehecdron which would be a polygon if the da'ath realm was visible. It's only on paper for now.

                              be well,
                              jamey

                              --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "joe white" <joe_white@...> wrote:

                              > O'siyo Brothers, and Sisters,
                              >
                              > There are over 100,000 Cherokee Masons, we go back a very long way as
                              > Cherokee Masons. Also the Cherokee Royal Order of The Redman, and Cherokee Masonic
                              > Knights Templars, Scottish Rite, York Rite, etc.
                              >
                              > I am a 3rd Degree, Lodge Number 542, Lawrenceburg, TN 38464 with a lifetime
                              > dues paid card.
                              >
                              > Shalom, Gah gey you e,
                              >
                              > Sitting Owl

                            • joe white
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 7, 2011
                                O'siyo Brother,

                                We would be of most great appreciation to have a copy to display in our
                                Museum when finished.

                                The Royal Order of the Red Man Rites are one of the highest compliments
                                to us Red Men, and dedicated to our Honesty, Love, Integrity.

                                Three Masonic Lodges in north Georgia hid a lot of Cherokee that did not have
                                to go on the Trail of Tears.

                                The Kabbalah is represented all over the inside of our Cherokee Sacred Seven
                                Sided Circle, and Council House, and has been there long before white man arrived.

                                Shalom,   Gah gey you e,

                                Sitting Owl

                                Perhaps so, but many tribes would rather not permit various orders with oriented european ethos. There seems to be some indiffences form what little I do understand.

                                At looking over the maps at the link Jo Ann provided...
                                nmuanthro.net

                                I noticed the name of Spirit Island to be very simular to the Hebrew Da'ath the secert sphere of knowldege in the Kabbalah tree of life.

                                Rather than the traditional shape of the tree as a shield I created one from a three dimental dehecdron which would be a polygon if the da'ath realm was visible. It's only on paper for now.

                                be well,
                                jamey

                                --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "joe white" <joe_white@...> wrote:

                                > O'siyo Brothers, and Sisters,
                                >
                                > There are over 100,000 Cherokee Masons, we go back a very long way as
                                > Cherokee Masons. Also the Cherokee Royal Order of The Redman, and Cherokee Masonic
                                > Knights Templars, Scottish Rite, York Rite, etc.
                                >
                                > I am a 3rd Degree, Lodge Number 542, Lawrenceburg, TN 38464 with a lifetime
                                > dues paid card.
                                >
                                > Shalom, Gah gey you e,
                                >
                                > Sitting Owl

                              • james m clark jr
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 7, 2011
                                  Really Joe?

                                  Was there a Bruce among them by any chance?

                                  I'm not aware of The Royal Order of the Red Man Rites.

                                  jamey

                                  I have to keep the tree in a cedar cigar box because it is covered with smut and the only copy I have. It's been near completion for about 2 years now made for a friend that has been missing for over a year now since last years pilgram festival.

                                • joe white
                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 8, 2011
                                    Yes, Really.  You can read about the Kabbalah in the Cherokee
                                    in Ancient american Magazine, and the rites were at one time,
                                     on the internet.

                                    Sitting Owl