Re: The passing of Joy Pennington (Kentucky) & Dr. Jose Arguelles "Mayan Factor"

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2011

      I had sent a post about the passing of one of our friends, Joy Pennington, whose memorial service was this afternoon in Louisville, Kentucky and I believe at least two or three of you attended, but a number of folks from AWS, AAPS, the Atlantic Conference and others posted messages to Joy's memorial page, and sent deep condolences to Lee and family:    http://www.newcomerlouisville.com/obitmessages.asp?obitid=47130&EMSessionID=-1&Source=value      Martin, I know of Lee's fondness and respect for you and your son, from working together at the Atlantic Conference, and added your words of comfort and honor to Joy's memorial page.

      Rick also set up a Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=155470637846413#wall_posts

      Joy was an active participant during our three day Ancient Waterways gathering in Upper Michigan's Copper country a few years ago which I'd set up around the filming of a documentary the Penningtons were doing on ancient copper mining, trade, navigation.  Lee and Joy  also transported many of us from the Atlantic Conference around Nova Scotia following the 2008 conference in Halifax, knew Nova Scotia intimately, called it their 'second home'.  Their countless contributions span decades,  some of which may be seen in their documentaries.  I have most of the joleproduction DVD's and am happy to send some of you other members - on-loan or for purchase should you wish to keep your copy, perhaps  host small AWS gatherings of your own at your own location.

      Same day I received word from Lee about Joy, friends from the Prophets Conferences ( www.greatmystery.org ) in whcih I have assisted on-location as a staff person in Mexico and the Florida Keys, informed me that artist, author, speaker, and visionary Dr. Jose Arguelles (The Mayan Factor)  died Thursday after a brief illness.  Jose only knew me as a hard working friendly face at conferences and the the last was in January, 2010 in Cancun and titled, "2012:  The Tipping Point".   Countless friends he knew, many with whom I worked, including PC hosts, Cody and Robin Johnson will feel his loss for some time.

      "Although time (and not too much of it) will tell, I suspect that José will be honored as one of the most important thinkers in human history."
      —Daniel Pinchbeck

      José Argüelles is the man who first introduced the date December 21, 2012 into mass consciousness with The Mayan Factor. The initiator of the Harmonic Convergence global peace meditation of 1987, Argüelles is also the founder of the annual Whole Earth Festival (1970) in California, and one of the originators of the Earth Day concept