Fwd: [ancient_waterways_society] Muscoda Mound Group on the Equinox

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2011
      Sorry I sent this without finishing it the last time.

      Begin forwarded message:

              The main Effigy mound group on the East drumlin in the valley on Frank's Hill, near Muscoda Wisconsin

           In the surrounding valleys there are more than a thousand bird effigy mounds and one that is more than a thousand feet long

      On the second hill are conical mounds that mark the sunsets through the year.  If you stand on the first mound on the
      Eastern Hill you are at the spot to watch Sunsets all year as they disappear behind the mounds as the Sun moves North.

      The group came far and wide to listen to Frank tell his stories and to welcome the small crowd of about 40 that came.

      The moon setting over the corn woman mound or a birdmound

      The axis of these mounds on the crest of a drumlin make the Sunrise on the Equinox

      Someone gave Frank a cedar walking stick with the mound features carved on the handle.  Frank bought the ten acres that have
      the mounds and put them in a National Historic Landmark status.

      For those who cannot see the pictures go to this site and click the link to Shadelwald Mound Group to see them in the snow.

      http://www.clli.org/gallery_section.asp?locid=49

      When you open the site, click on the link to Shadewald Mound Group.    There are five pictures from the air that show the group.  They are hoping to have an event this weekend on the equinox at Sunset and Sunrise.

      Ted Sojka

    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2011
        Hey Ted... thanks you for the link provided cause a yahoo! scholarship is basically useless without some image reference which is not at the AWS site... If there is a sun it will set... Chat & Calendar is for current events such as exciting as this which is an example of group opportunity missed at AWS but it doesn't have to be missed(note below). I took the libery to add the link at AWS chat. I'm not certain how you would title it, but it will be there for awhile if you happen to delete it from browzer favorites.

        An as an additional reminder to AWS in general:

        Not that AWS needs a AWS site moderator to put links in the ASW Links group option at the [Yahoo] AWS site for future reference or back tracking mishaps that can be like digging for treasure in mole hills at Yahoo! Groups in much larger groups with much more activity and a spand of a few years.

        The AWS site should and could be more user friendly besides long after you delete emails or wish you hadn't later. AWS is not a email provider yahoo provides one of course... if even used at all other than joining the groups or IM or chat

        * your personal usage provider is optional for chat simular to email & IM which is even more personal than Yahoo! IM (Instant Message) and the 'VIEW MORE HISTORY' (which has nothing to do with personal information)data appears to be stored for 3 months (according to Yahoo! policy?) for an extended temporary time with no link or IP address to AWS Chat... which could be used to store temp links (for 3 months!)help compile link information, poll suggestions, comments on pdf book links, sites visited on a subject reminders, hosted events and other contributaries to AWS ...links file comments etc. without becoming to ancient for the AWS site message borad via group provider and a somewhat neutral group chat or message comments for new, expected or unexpected members as well expected or unexpected opinions an insites, author replies, on site corraspondance, anomolies, ect.

        AWS is a public group provider so please be an example and provide what you wish to share with others that share the same responsibility respectively regardless of temporary diologe or additional correspondence at AWS when and if you have time to consider the future membership activity and interests of AWS.

        jmcjr