Megaliths in the Urals

  • kbs2244
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2011
      Do you have the GPS numbers for this site?
      I just finished reading
      Canada's Stonehenge" and he wonders about one in this area.

      He expected it would be at 51N, as are Stonehenge and the one in Alberta.
    • Dave Goudsward
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2011
        His website is in Russian with an English version that's a little choppy, but it appears to be located on Lake Turgojak in the Chelyabinsk region of the Miass district.

        Google ballparks the lake at GPS at  +55° 9' 30.72", +60° 2' 14.92"

        --

        Dave Goudsward
        Lake Worth, FL

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2011

          David G., KBS and all,

          A reply today from Dr. Gordon Freeman (Canada's Stonehenge); I don't think he will mind my posting this to the group, but it includes geographical stats that might be of interest to a few who emailed re: their interest in the Canadian and Ural sites:

          Hi Susan,

          Thank you very much for the interesting information about the megalithic buildings in the southern Urals (near Mias, 55 deg N, 60 deg E). They are close to the northern border of Kazakhstan, where I hope someone will look for a 5000 year old calendar, near 51 deg N.

          My Valentine makes my lunch at about 05:30h and sends me off to work at 06:00h, then goes back to bed. I get to see her again at about 16h. Life is good. Best wishes, Gordon

          My iMac does strange things with emails from PCs. It joins the reply to the original message, no matter how many spaces I put between them. See?

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011

            David G., KBS, & All,

            I also received a reply from Russia.  Hopefully Drs. Freeman and Grigoriev will periodically tune into our web group and keep us posted if they continue to find new evidence and mutual 'synchronicities' within their investigations.   Susan

            Re: responding to your inquiry to David Goudsward

            Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:20 AM
            From: "Ñòàíèñëàâ Ãðèãîðüåâ" stgrig@...
            To: "Susan English" <beldingenglish@...>
            '
            Dear Susan,
            thank you very much for your help. I have seen the site of Mr. Freeman.
            It is very interesting and actually has closest parallels than Stonehenge
            in the Near East. I shall send him e-mail today.

            With the best   Stanislav

            Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:33:24 -0800 (PST) ïèñüìî îò Susan English
            beldingenglish@...:
            Dear Stanislav Grigoriev

            David Goudsward emailed me part of your inquiry about megaliths in the United States.  I am a co-host of a small internet group called Ancient Waterways Society and do not do research, but I try to make interconnections between researchers.

            Other suggestions of people or web groups that study megalithic sites besides David Goudsward whom you might contact are as follows:

            Megalithic Portal News out of the UK (host Andy that has a newslet ter that comes to my emailbox at least two or three times a month with new articles, sites, etc.: http://www.megalithic.co.uk/index.php?tab=news  It looks as though you are aware of the site because of the following article with your name.

            Canadian Dr. Gordon Freeman (Canada's Stonehenge) years ago discovered and has been protecting and providing astounding, ongoing evidence at a remote megalithic site (calendar? or 'medicine wheel' ?) in Alberta,  Canada.  His scientific investigations suggest ties to the builders of Stonehenge in Europe,  also possible Middle Eastern diffusion.  I have exchanged a number of emails with this cordial gentleman and you may find his web site and book very interesting.  I believe Freeman may be suggesting transcontinental contact, possibly two way 5000+ years ago.  I don't know if he has done any investigations of the Eastern United States megaliths... believe his main focus has been upon Canada's and the UK's Stonehenges:  http://canadastonehenge.com/  His discussion page:  http://canadastonehenge.com/2009/05/gordon-freeman-discusses-canadas-stonehenge/

            After reading a few links about your vicinity of research which suggest similarity to Stonehenge in the UK, I am  thinking Gordon Freeman and his wife may wish to some day visit there.  They are at least in their seventies, maybe early eighties...have visited the UK site and Egypt.  I shall also write a brief note to them that I am very interested in your site...
            While on the subject of Dr. Grigoriev, he was among dozens of international presenters at, what to me was an interesting five day international archaeological colloquium held in 2006 in Lisbon, Portugal, titled:
            Monumental Questions: Prehistoric Megaliths, Mounds, and Enclosures©  Including Session C21   Mounds Construction in the Americas©
            Vince, Liz, Dr. Hristov and some of you others might find interesting some of the presentations.
            The Russian archaeologist also has a monograph titled: Eurasian Ancient History, Volume I Ancient Indo-Europeans