Re: Mann Hopewell Site of Indiana, "Iron Age America", etc.

  • james m clark jr
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
      Make a quilt woman, take a brake!! It appears that the database only allows the news group one option delete the one I crated and look for yourself when you have time. If so, what will that be? That could be arrange or decided using polls which could be edited, saved, change options, for group awarness options or whatever. As far as events use the calender. Im bring this same thing up in:

      American_Indian_Injustice

      To make it a little easy for those guys too.
      Out of all 45 or 46 newsgroups I'm in I have
      yet see a a totally functional NEWS GROUP.

      be well all,

      > Lazily, I am being spoiled with a late breakfast in bed by my daughter
      > on my mini-vacation after a couple of hours of reading. Good idea about
      > the new Database to our site, Jamie, and thanks for starting it.
      > Simple Email/Webmail Address
      > <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/database?m\
      > ethod=reportRows&tbl=1> I will add my own email address soon as I get
      > home. Good thing I check some member's your web sites from time to time
      > (that I know about)....I ran across this article from member Willliam
      > Connor's Iron Age America blog last March: "DNA Proves European In
      > America Seven Centuries Before Columbus":
      > http://ironageamerica.blogspot.com/
      > <http://ironageamerica.blogspot.com/> I like to have copies of all of
      > the books, articles, and DVD's produced by Ancient Waterways Society
      > members. Now that the two surgeries have restored my eyesight to where
      > I can read again, in the near future I will purchase a copy of
      > William's book, then add it to our library. His book is listed bottom
      > of his web link above.
      > In lieu of Connor's work on iron, copper smelting and book Iron Age
      > America Before Columbus , he likely has seen the very interesting link I
      > am sending you all from this group by another early member of Midwestern
      > Epigraphic Society in Ohio, Dr. John White: The Mann Hopewell site of
      > Indiana Interestingly... (see photo), ...clay figurines discovered
      > on the Mann Hopewell Site show faces with slanted eyes, which were not a
      > Hopewell feature Two of the most notable features are what
      > [archaeologist] Peterson calls "wood henges" — like Stonehenge, but
      > made of wooden posts — which he believes may be one of a kind in the
      > U.S... ...there may be an even more remarkable discovery — one
      > that could rewrite history books. Linderman says scientists are starting
      > tests on what looks like evidence of lead smelting, a practice that,
      > until now, was only seen in North America after the arrival of the
      > French, 1,000 years after the Hopewell Tradition.
      > http://www.npr.org/2011/01/03/132412112/the-prehistoric-treasure-in-the-\
      > fields-of-indiana
      > <http://www.npr.org/2011/01/03/132412112/the-prehistoric-treasure-in-the\
      > -fields-of-indiana> Another recent article sent by John White by
      > Bimini Road researcher, Dr. Greg Little:
      > http://www.mysterious-america.net/cygnus-gizatonew.html
      > <http://www.mysterious-america.net/cygnus-gizatonew.html> Susan

    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
        Valdimar Samuelsson an others that have trouble posting to AWS
        could possibly chat if that was an option at AWS or if it isn't a software problem he has. Another option could be if one was willing as a simple partnership trust based webmail address account to try and sign them to yahoo (with senders permisson such as the lady in her 80's).

        There is also a program that stores email/webmail names & passwords to eleminate problems I am even having right now with 4 other webmail accounts of my own.

        Search: Free password Manager

        Find a free download that is compatable with your search engine Explorer, Firefox, etc.

        I now use Roboform but that may not be compatible with the search engine you use.

        In other word, before that is done, Because of their account already in our regin signed in Yahoo! Then perhaps Mr. Samuelsson and others may have a better chance to lurk at AWS chat stuff. It's basically the same problem many have with modem connections. Oh Boy! AII has sent me 80 emails in the last hour.

        Wish me luck... ha!
        jamey

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011

          Welcome to the new member from Tucson, Arizona, Cornelius Nemo ( piltdownjack ) .  Please feel free to introduce yourself when comfortable, and keep us posted on related conferences, events, meetings in your area.  Soon as I post this I will send you a welcoming email with a few items and member links which we hope is helpful.

          Jamey, I probably need to post less here, but, I did take some offense at "Make a quilt woman, take a brake!!"   I am not highly computer literate despite ongoing classes, thought I was supposed to add my email address under your name.  Perhaps the host and other co-host understand the newsgroup and other options you are proposing here.  I did not understand your otherwise seemingly helpful explanations. After one or two off-line emails from host MinnesotaStan and myself, Valdimar Samuelsson had no further difficulty signing on as a member.  The retired aviator from Iceland wrote a fine introduction in Post # 1965.  Jamie, your last post stated: AII has sent me 80 emails in the last hour.  Are you referring to Al Cornett?  He is a prolific writer at his web site, and active at the THOR YahooGroup---joined that site OK and likely will join our group when he has time.

           --Rick, good news about the article you are writing in relation to the Mann site in Indiana, ancient lead mines, and French connection.  The group will be honored being the first to read it.

          Susan

        • Martin Carriere
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
            Hey Oz,
            Nice project.
            Let me know if I can help as many of our family were involved in those early years, until they were forced to sell their holdings to JJ Astor in 1811.
            Best,
            Martin

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
              I concur with Susan on the note Jamey. Using the term woman is less than professional and does not bring honour to the hard work and commitment that Susan brings to all of her associations. If we can agree to stay within these terms of respect the waters will remain clear and resilient.

              Love and blessings,

              Martin Carriere

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
                Some offense was expected Susan but none whatsoever was intended in the point which had nothing to with you posting less. That never even crosses my mind. If anything, what does cross my mind, with the exception of a few that do post at AWS, Other MEMBERS OF AWS need to post more!! Since this group Doesn't have a Online Chat option.
                Currently there is really option except Email. What then does a Newsgroup offer? This isn't a segregated class enjoying the Freedom of our day, today.

                Everybody... Professional or from the people without Ph.D's!
                Otherwise... How could this Newsgroup be considered a Society at all?
                As far as AWS being a totally functional Newsgroup this isn't going to happen over night. AII [American_Indian_Injustice]for instance, because it isn't totally functional as a News Group either Membership has dwindled from 400 plus to just over 100 members today. They to have purpose but still do not take advantage of the available Newsgroup options.

                Welcome Cornelius, sorry Elders & be well,

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
                  Hum, I even call all my own family members young or old, woman. I don't know how it is up north, but it's an honorable title in mine, or at least, I make it one that is of honor, speaking for myself.

                  Thanks for the concern & concept though & be well all,
                  jamey