Fwd: [ancient_waterways_society] You can now walk through Lascaux cave

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      Welcome to the site.

      I hope you had time to read Howard Zinn's history of the US.   it is a bit different than what we were taught in school, but well documented and though an art educator rather than a history teacher, I thought it quite good.  Hard to teach art without a bit of history, and really don't know how you could teach it without bringing to bear the contributions of the Greeks, Egyptians, and so many others too numerous to mention.

      Here is a link that gets you inside the first historians of  who used some great pictures rather than words to document their time, at Lascaux Cave.  Enjoy.  This is one of those new high tech views of the cave that some have told me came from video game technology.  You don't even have to get damp and cold.

      I have had a few friends have serious bouts with Lyme disease and hope you are over it.
      ted
      Begin forwarded message:

      You'll probably never be able to do so in real life, but you can do so in cyberspace with the virtual tour  at the Lascaux cave website.

      Here's the link .

      http://www.lascaux.culture.fr/#/fr/00.xml
      _