Malcolm Pearson

  • dgoudsward
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2010
      Just a quick message to note the passing of Malcolm Pearson, former owner of Mystery Hill and the last of the giants from the golden age of New England antiquarianism.

      Malcolm died at age 99 on November 8. There will be no calling hours and the service will be private.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2010

        David,  I see from Malcolm Pearson's obituary that he was a founding member of NEARA, and that, as is true of many of you here, applied the skills from his profession/vocation into the study of uninvestigated early human history:  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/telegram/obituary.aspx?n=malcolm-d-pearson&pid=146529221&fhid=4141

        I look forward to some day visiting Mystery Hill.  David some time back sent a copy of one of his books, "America's Stonehenge", as a contribution for our group's loaner library listed at David's web site in which he lists the works of three or four other of our members: http://www.ancientstonesites.com/  Two of you have already borrowed and returned the book;  I need to read it before making a visit to Mystery Hill.

        Loaner books that several members here have contributed are kept within my home, plus a few dozen books and DVD's of my own.  I am happy to pay one-way postage to anyone here, and afterI save for another computer, I will be able to have enough online time to recompile a list.

        Thanks, Dave for letting us know about Malcolm Pearson's passing; I look forward to reading more about him and the sites so many of you have devoted much of your lives to investigating.       Susan