Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Photo updates from Char

  • Pamela Giese
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
      Hi Char, Susan and all,

      I love these pictures of the dolmen and megaliths in Minnesota.  Everytime I see them I want to go and visit.

      Char -I remember you saying that the pictures of the Magnetic megalith were after a fire.  Do you think it's still as accessible?  Is it easy to find?  When is the best time to visit it? --I'm thinking of maybe May next year.  I'm going to Orkney next September, so seeing this in May would give me a comparison.

      Thanks,
      Pam

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2010

        Nice to hear from you in the UK, Pam.   When you are back in the States scouting around Lake Superior and Minnesota-Canadian waterways next Spring, let me know if you'd be interested in an inexpensive little AWS  mini-gathering, and I'd be happy to set one up.  Charles, in an post a couple of years ago mentioned having land near Duluth and extended an offer for a gathering, I believe.

        I have eye surgery coming up Monday...am going to try to drive down toward Milwaukee. WI for the following all day lecture this coming Saturday.  My interest in things ancient began with friendship with a Miq'mac from Quebec, trips to the Yucatan, and after reading Frank Joseph's books about the ancient copper trade,   Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake  and Atlantis in Wisconsin" back in the 80's.  I am including the link in case anyone in the US Midwest is interested in this Saturday's workshop.

        "Atlantis & 2012: The Science of the Lost Civilization and the Prophecies of the Maya" with Frank Joseph
        Sponsored by the Milwaukee Area Association for Research & Enlightenment, Inc. (A.R.E.)
         Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM ($40-$45, includes lunch-reserv needed)

        Most of you know I have assisted with Prophets Conferences, which are held around the world.  The conferences are pricey for many but fee's are waived for those accepted onstaff via "work exchange" opportunities.  There is one coming up in Feb, 2011 in Palm Springs (see main web site), and  another (below) in Glastonbury, England:  http://greatmystery.org/events/glastonbury2011register.html

        Almost out of library computer time here.   Thanks, Ted, for the number of excellent new photos added to our group Photos section.    Susan