Re: Pygmies in North America?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010

      At least a dozen members here the past couple of years seem to be interested in and have posted about the legendary "Little People",   Puk-Wud-Jies,  Puk Wujinees, and other various names from ancient tribal peoples living along old Great Lakes & Mississippi Riverways.  From the post below are several more messages from a year ago on the subject.

      Still without  a computer, I have time limits on the library computer but recall an article posted to our site about burial remains of very small adult human skeletons found a century or so ago and caused quite a stir, but soon afterward dismissed by 'authorities' as merely having been been remains left behind by a traveling circus.

      Thanks to all for your continuing interest and Posts to this site.  Once again I doubt I will be able to attend the annual Ancient Artifact Preservation Society/AAPS conference September 17th, 18th, 19th in Marquette, MI, but below is the latest schedule of speakers.  I believe admission to the main day of the conference (Saturday 9AM-10PM EST) is free to educators, but please check with conference chair Judy Johnson.

      http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=58

      Any of you who attend that or similar conferences this year,  please post comments or summaries to the group.    Susan

       --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere <metismartin@...> wrote:

      > The little people were the friends of Quetzlcoatl and were very prominent in the od stories of the growth of the ages of civilization. Many pictures of our ancestors and even those of the old french come up to about 4 1/2 feet or more.
      >
      > Best to all,
      >
      > MC

    • joe white
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
        O'siyo Brothers, and Sisters,

        The bones in Tennessee are The Cherokee Little People.
        We have books written about them.
        You can order these books from our Cherokee Museum & Cultural Center.
        931 762 3733  Cash, check, or money order.

        Gah gey you e,

        Sitting Owl