Annual AAPS Conference, Marquette, MI

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2010

      Hi Folks,

      I remain computerless and try to access the library when in town, but have a one hour time limit a day.  Am hoping to buy a new one before the new year.

      Rec'd an email w/several attachments from Ancient Artifact Preservations Society (AAPS) secretary Judy Johnson re: their annual conference coming up next month. I will be unable to attend again this year but am including the link to this year's  event w/list of speakers, including member Lee Pennington, and contact information:  http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=48

      Any members aware of other related conferences or lectures, please post and let the group know if you will be attending so members here can meet.  Also, please keep us posted  ahead of time dates, times, and channels of upc0ming documentaries, especially if any of you are it them!   Viewing History Channel documentary reruns over the summer, it is especially exciting when members from this group are interviewed. acting as commentators,  or having their work cited.  Fairly recent programs included Herb Wagner,  Simon Brighton, David Brody, Scott Wolter, Jim Scherz....

      Please keep posting here, responding to letters and encouraing each others' research efforts.

      Cordially,    Susan

    • charles bruns
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2010
        just got super deal at A+ Computers on Belnap Ave. in Superior, Wis.  they hold a bunch of lease returns, this is the shop the cadre uses, and for three hundred bucks you get laptop & charge cord, set up 4 windows XP, and internally ready to grab wiifi.  cd reader and two usb ports, all the good plug stuff.  anyway it is a new day for me.  seems to have plenty.  they are IBM thinkpads with pentium M.  my favorites. let me know.  chb

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11, 2010

          Thank you kindly for the information, Charles.  Larry J. from Madison also contacted me regarding used business grade computers.    I am waiting to see if my kids will be getting me another for Christmas, though inexpensive laptops seem to last only about three years, at best.   I mostly use the machines for searches, emailing, and watching over this web site with Vince and MinnesotaStan.

          Thank you, Steve Garcia and Rick for your comments and additions to the  Lost Civilizations list which I've not had enough computer time to check yet.  I'd initially thought it was about 'bubbles' and should not have deleted it.  The library computers turn the sound off, so am unable to watch any YouTube links to the group.   Excellent hearing from you fellows.      Susan

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, charles bruns <charbruns@...> wrote:

           just got super deal at A+ Computers on Belnap Ave. in Superior, Wis.  they hold a bunch of lease returns, this is the shop the cadre uses, and for three hundred bucks you get laptop & charge cord, set up 4 windows XP, and internally ready to grab wiifi.  cd reader and two usb ports, all the good plug stuff.  anyway it is a new day for me.  seems to have plenty.  they are IBM thinkpads with pentium M.  my favorites. let me know. chb

          Any members aware of other related conferences or lectures, please post and let the group know if you will be attending so members here can meet.  Also,  please keep us posted  ahead of time dates, times, and channels of upc0ming documentaries, especially if any of you are it them!  Viewing History Channel documentary reruns over the summer, it is especially exciting when members from this group are interviewed,  act as commentators,  or have their work cited. Fairly recent programs  included Herb Wagner,  Simon Brighton, David Brody, Scott Wolter, Jim Scherz....

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010

            Too late to sign up for conference meals, but some of you may wish to attend all or part of the conference tomorrow and this weekend in Marquette, Michigan.  A few Ancient Waterways members will be speaking and several more attending.

            Susan

            AAPS Conference 2010 Schedule - September 17th-19th 2010, Holiday Inn, Marquette Michigan

            Friday
            - noon to 10 pm           Saturday - 8 am - 10 pm         Sunday - 8 am - noon . (includes mealtimes)

            Friday 17th

            9:00 am – Noon – Registration, Networking, Exhibits

            Noon – 12:50 – Lunch

            12:55- 1:05 - AAPS Introductions

            1:10 – 2:10 - Scott Wolter, Author/Geologist/History Channel "star" (The Holy Grail in America and Who Really Discovered America?) Books: The Kensington Rune Stone, Compelling New Evidence and The Hooked X, Key to the Secret History of North America. Latest on the Hooked X, and Recent analyses of the Bat Creek Stone, and Burrows Cave artifacts

            2:15 – 3:05 – Dr. John White, Author/Researcher:  Some interpretations of symbols from "The Mystery Cave of Many Faces"

            3:10 – 4:00 - Larry Bird, dowser: Intriguing Knights Templar Messages and Copper Artifacts in Northern Illinois

            4:05 – 4:55 - Jay Wakefield, Author/Researcher Rocks and Rows; Sailing Routes  Across the Atlantic and the Copper Trade; and How the Sun God Reached America "A Report on my visit to the Cedarland and Claiborne sites;  on the possibility of a copper route via the St Croix River of Wisconsin, and distribution of a North American Timeline"

            5:00 – 5:25 – Bob Kreipke Ford Historian and Janine McFadden Producer of Ford Motor Co. films: A preview of their coming (spring 2011) PBS film "America's Ancient Industry - Copper"

            5:30 – 6:05 – Networking, cocktail time

            6:10 – 7:10 – Dinner

            7:15 – 8:20 - Lee Pennington film maker, Program –

            "The Case for Prince Madoc and King Arthur in America"

            8:40 – 9:50 – Wayne May, Researcher/Publisher of Ancient American Magazine-  Film:  "The Lost Civilization of North America" followed by discussion on Manifest Destiny

            9:55 – 10:30 – Networking, Exhibits, Silent Auction, Product Sales

            Saturday 18th

            8:00 – 8: 50 – Breakfast

            9:00 – 9:10 - AAPS Intro

            9:10 – 9:30 - Judy M Johnson & Glenn E DeVlaminck, "Moving the  Copper; story of moving "our" giant native float copper from the glacier to the Keweenaw thence to Marquette some 12,000 years later.

            9:35 – 10:25 - David Hoffman, Researcher: "The History of Discovery", and an update on the Ontonagon Boulder at the Smithsonian Muesum

            10:30 – 11:20 - Dr. Don Spohn: "Prehistoric American Indian Copper" - a talk on his lifetime of research and acquisition of thousands of artifacts.

            11:25 – 11:45 - Karl Hoenke, Researcher-

            "Genetics of North America and how they might relate to external contacts"

            Noon – 12:50 - Rick Osmon, Oopa Loopa Cafe internet radio/TV show; "Stone Fortresses of Ohio Valley" and an update on his online networking, audio and video and shows.

            1:00 – 1:50 –  Lunch

            2:00 – 3:25 - Dr. Sci. Sam Osmanagich of the Bosnian Pyramids- "Worldwide Concept of the Pyramids in Ancient Times with Updates on Investigation of the Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids"

            3:30 – 4:35 - Lee Pennington, Film: "The Mound Builders."

            4:40 – 5:20 – Roger Jewell – Reports on his trip to Crete & Ancient Mayan Shipping Discoveries

            5:25 – 6:00 – Exhibits, Silent Auction, Product Sales, Networking

            6:00 – 7:00 – Dinner

            7:10 – 8:00 – Open, surprise speaker/author

            8:10 – 9:00 - Dr. John White, Author/Researcher ; 1) Sun Religions of the Old and New Worlds, Part 2

            9:10 – 10:00 - Rick Osmon of Oopa Loopa Cafe internet radio/TV show.

            "New Interpretations of Lord Pacal, Mayan King's Sarcophagus Lid"

            SUNDAY 19th

            8:00 – 8:50 Breakfast

            9:00 – 10:30 – Open discussion, Q&A

            10:35 – Noon – Presque Isle to see the 40 ton native glacial float copper!

            Save this part for your own notes to remind you of payments made _________________________

            Notes______________________________________________________________________________

            CUT HERE: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            I'd Love to Register for This Conference!

            Name(s) ____________________________________________Phone__________________________

            Address ____________________________________ City ____________________ ZIP __________

            d I enclose $135 for full conference, all programs, exhibits & activities

            d I enclose $120 for all 6 meals with the group (includes 24% tax and tip)

            d I am coming to part of the conference ______________________ and enclosing $____________

            Make checks out to AAPS, PO Box 216, Skandia MI 49885

            To pay by VISA, MasterCard, or Discover: Card #s _________________________________________

            Expiration date _______________  Security code (last 3 digits on back of card _____________

            Signature ____________________________

            Judy M Johnson, Sec./Events Planner AAPS
            (Prev. AAAPF) www.aaapf.org
            Ancient Artifact Preservation Society
            PO Box 216, Skandia MI 49885
            PS- I'm sometimes slow in answering email.
            If you need me fast, please phone.
            ph 906-942-7865 or 810-229-5210
            * 6th Annual AAPS Conference on Ancient America
            Holiday Inn, Marquette Michigan, Sept 17-19th, 2010

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010
              Thanks to all for recent Posts.
              I am still computerless but accessing the library w/time limits.

              AAPS conference chairperson Judy Johnson will not mind my sharing a couple of their group's newsletters, especially SlideShare links from last month's conference.  This includes SlideShares from Ancient Waterways members Lee Pennington, Rick Osman.  Rick, please include here the link to your slides.  I am not a subscriber of Linda Moulton Howe's EARTHFILES newsletter but the second letter includes more photos of the allegedly 12,000 year old Gobekli Tepe site that several of you have discussed here at our group.

              I do what I can in my role as one of the co-hosts here to link information, reseach, people and groups related to our Ancient Waterways Society.  We have a vast international membership here, I am unaware of most members' efforts, so please feel free to post here directly.   My appreciation for recent posts,  and your continuing membership.   Susan

              From Judy Johnson 10/05/10:
              Dear Friends of AAPS

              I have been busy updating the page on our website which WAS the promo for the conf. but is now the REVIEW of the conference.

              Currently I'm uploading some of the powerpoint programs that were given at conference. Here are the ones up so far:

              Moving the Copper- by Judy and Glenn

              And Bosnian Pyramids by Sam Osmanagich

              I am missing a bunch of images in Rick Osmon's slide show about another way to look at Prince Pacal's sarcophogous lid ...so I need those images before that one will be up and running.  HEY RICK- I need images for pgs 3,4,6,22,23,31,32,35,36,39,40,45,48,50,51,and 52 and I'll put them in an associated file with the slide show and see if that does the trick...if not, I'll try to insert them myself in their proper places.

              Wayne May's wonderful program on The Mound Builders is too large for slideshare.net...so I need to work on editing it down to fit.

              Karl Hoenke's program on DNA ....isn't there, cause I loaded into my computer, the wrong program...it was LAST YEAR's by Karl. KARL, can you email me your 2010 DNA program please?

              And Lee Pennington's presentation on The Case for Prince Madoc and King Arthur Evidences in North America seems to be going up nicely too. http://www.slideshare.net/JudyMJohnson/the-case-for-prince-madoc-and-king-arthur-in-america-revision-8-23-10

              (Gobekli Tepe)  Dear Friends of AAPS

              My friend, author/film-maker Raul DaSilva sent me this link.
              Very interesting!!

              EnJoy!
              Love, Judy and Glenn

              Judy M Johnson, Sec./Events Planner AAPS
              www.aaapf.org or www.aapsCopper.org

              Ancient Artifact Preservation Society
              PO Box 216, Skandia MI 49885
              PS- I'm sometimes slow in answering email.
              If you need me fast, please phone.
              ph 906-942-7865 or 810-229-5210

              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > I remain computerless and try to access the library when in town, but
              > have a one hour time limit a day. Am hoping to buy a new one before the
              > new year.
              >
              > Rec'd an email w/several attachments from Ancient Artifact Preservations
              > Society (AAPS) secretary Judy Johnson re: their annual conference coming
              > up next month. I will be unable to attend again this year but am
              > including the link to this year's event w/list of speakers, including
              > member Lee Pennington, and contact information:
              > http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=48
              > <http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=48>
              >
              > Any members aware of other related conferences or lectures, please post
              > and let the group know if you will be attending so members here can
              > meet. Also, please keep us posted ahead of time dates, times, and
              > channels of upc0ming documentaries, especially if any of you are it
              > them! Viewing History Channel documentary reruns over the summer, it
              > is especially exciting when members from this group are interviewed.
              > acting as commentators, or having their work cited. Fairly recent
              > programs included Herb Wagner, Simon Brighton, David Brody, Scott
              > Wolter, Jim Scherz....
              >
              > Please keep posting here, responding to letters and encouraing each
              > others' research efforts.
              >
              > Cordially, Susan

            • Rick O
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
                Susan and All,

                I am committed to presenting these slide shows one more time before I put them on line. The next outing is reasonably close to you, Susan: Burlington Vortex Conference .

                After that Halloween weekend event, I'll add them to my SlideShare account.

                In addition to the great speakers, this event will also feature live internet broadcast from the venue, guided tour of local mounds, and other whiz bang drawing cards.

                In the mean time, please consider listening or watching at www.psn-radio.com (show schedule in right hand panel, individual show page links in running banner below the chat box).

                We'll have some of the other BVC speakers as guests throughout the remainder of this month.

                Oz