Western PA monolith - Standing Stones of Peters Creek - copper plate photos

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2010

      I am replying to a January post from David Goudsward (below) who had inserted into our Files section ( http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/files/ )  photographs that member Larry Gallant had sent of the copper plates he found near the Peters Creek Standing Stone.  Some of you may recall that Dave had set up two File sections titled:   Standing Stone of Peters Creek and  Eastern MassachusettsHaving just read Larry's excellent article featured in the current issue of Ancient American , I took another look again at the photos of the copper plates we are fortunate to have in our Files.  Any of you here who are not subscribers to Ancient American and would like to read the four or five page article, I suggest thumbing through it over coffee within one of the major bookstore chains.  As mentioned earlier,  members Ross, Larry, Lee, and Steve have articles in the current issue.

      The follow link* to a short article from KDKA Pittsburg on the Peters Creek Monolith includes at right side of page a YouTube video showing the monolith, the rock shelter, and commentaries by Larry Gallant:   http://kdka.com/local/dave.crawley.monolith.2.1301185.html

      *(taken from Ancient American Magazine's Facebook site:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colfax-WI/Ancient-American-Magazine-Archeology-of-the-Americas-Before-Columbus/189002950786

      I've no doubt we are going to hear more and more about this remarkable site.

      It is essential here to send my and this group's deepest condolences to member Steve Steigerwald (webmaster for the Aztalan Mounds & State Park in S. Wisconsin) whose brother Warren died tragically last night in a home motorcycle accident.

      Susan