Oopa Loopa Cafe Moving Sale!

  • Rick O
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2010

      Investigating pre-Columbian contact, lost races, ancient astronomy, navigation, and migration, cultural oddities, associated diffusion evidence and the truly unexplainable. Oh, and the odd musician, band, or comedian may stop by. Some are really odd…

      Hello Loopers, Yoopers, and Scoopers

      In this issue:

      This Week's Show:  Moving Sale!

      Op/Ed:  Tea, Anyone?

      This Day in HistoryJune 24

      Possum Holler News Hot times

      Other news:

      In an ancient city founded by a hero of the Trojan war, remains of a Phoenician garrison.

      Events: Send your organization's events to  oz@...

      Last week's show:    Catching Up

      Site of the week    St. Croix Archaeological Society

      This Week's Show:   Moving Sale! Oopa Loopa Cafe Going to Television!

      Oopa Loopa Cafe is moving to a different network after tonight! Tune in tonight to get a rundown on the new show format, memories of some of the best BTR shows, and a review of this week's History Channel special "Who Discovered America". It's been great on BTR, but there are good reasons for moving on. We will be able to provide visuals that enhance our style of in-depth reporting and in-depth interviews. Maybe we'll even get the show to pay for itself. As loyal as the OLC listeners are, the BTR show has generated a whole $13.41 this year. Of course, the cost of producing the show over that time is roughly a thousand times the return on investment. I considered a BTR commercial account, but other factors make this move more likely to succeed. You are all welcome to follow us to the new network at http://www.livestream.com/oopaloopacafe beginning this Sunday, June 27th, at 2:30 PM Eastern/11:30 Pacific (bookmark it!).

      Tonight at 9 Eastern (Last time)

      Op/Ed:

      This section is for you, the audience. You are welcome to contribute to it. Submit your "stuff" to

       oz@...

      Today in History, June 24

      972 – Battle of Cedynia, the first documented victory of Polish forces, takes place. 1128 – Battle of São Mamede, near Guimarães: forces led by Alfonso I defeat forces led by his mother Teresa of León and her lover Fernando Pérez de Traba. After this battle, the future king calls himself "Prince of Portugal", the first step towards "official independence" that will be reached in 1139 after the Battle of Ourique. 1314 – First War of Scottish Independence: the Battle of Bannockburn concludes with a decisive victory of the Scottish forces led by Robert the Bruce, though England did not recognise Scottish independence until 1328 with the signing of the Treaty of Edinburgh-Northampton. 1340 – Hundred Years' War: Battle of Sluys – The French fleet is almost destroyed by the English Fleet commanded in person by King Edward III. 1374 – A sudden outbreak of St. John's Dance causes people in the streets of Aachen, Germany, to experience hallucinations and begin to jump and twitch uncontrollably until they collapse from exhaustion. 1441 – King Henry VI of England founds Eton College. 1497 – John Cabot lands in North America at Newfoundland leading the first European exploration of the region since the Vikings.

      1947 – Kenneth Arnold makes the first widely reported UFO sighting near Mount Rainier, Washington.

      2010 – Julia Gillard becomes Australia's first female Prime Minister.

      (Yes, folks, history was made today)

      Possum Holler News

      Possum Holler is hot! Both as far as temperature (mid to high 90's) and as a property (the studio). In addition to the production work for the Oopa loopa Cafe TV show and the documentary, a slight amount of outside work is starting to trickle in. Some is related to OLC topics and some is purely commercial. I feel like the old farmer who, after hitting the lottery, was asked what he would do now, "Keep farming 'til the money runs out". I'll keep up this stuff as long as I can afford to do so. Blogtalk Radio paid out a shade over $13 so far this year.

      Also, both my partner on Unraveling the Secrets, Dennis Crenshaw, and I have been asked to speak at the Burlington Vortex Conference Halloween weekend. Each of us will present on each of 3 days.

      The Oopa Loopa Cafe is starting to think ahead to winter retreats far to the south. We've recently read a wonderful post about a Caribbean luxury resort, The Buccaneer. Warm sand, beautiful ocean views and wonderful food. The Buccaneer is a welcoming and charming base from which to launch any maritime archaeological work and there's a lot to find in their waters - pirates trolled these islands for years.
      While there, we'll look up our friends at the  St. Croix Archaeological Society. They're doing great work in their museum and have been since 2001.

      Other news:  In an ancient city founded by a hero of the Trojan war, remains of a Phoenician garrison.

      What About the Nanodiamonds?

      Ancient buildings found on Norman fortress site

      The Phoenician archaeology - a common Euro-Mediterranean heritage

      Events: Send your organization's events to  oz@...

      /|\

      Ancient Kentucke Historical Association

      Newsletter

      Phone 502-254-2414

      June 26th, 2:00 PM          Falls of the Ohio Interpretive Center

      Ancient History Film Series: Prince Madoc: Fact or Fiction

      During the last twenty years of his life, Jim Michael, while serving as president of the Ancient Kentucke Historical Association, devoted many hours of research to the single, overwhelming question: Did a Prince Madoc of Wales sail to America and establish a colony in pre-Columbian times?

      Teaming up with Welsh researchers, Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett, Michael and his friends made some remarkable discoveries that convinced him and his Welsh colleagues that there was much evidence to suggest the Madoc legend, indeed, was real.

      However, the Welsh researchers and Michael soon discovered one fact that clashed severely with the traditional story of Madoc being the son of Owen and sailing to America in 1170.  There were several existing ancient records speaking of the legendary Madoc, but some of those records actually predated Madoc's supposed 12th Century sailing by several centuries.

      In 1997 JoLe Productions filmed Jim Michael presenting his astounding evidence.   This film was shown at the Falls of the Ohio Interpretive Center shortly after its release.  However, we've had so many requests to bring the film back for a repeat performance that we've added it to our 2010 Ancient Film Series.

      June 25, 2:30 PM                                        Marilyn Michael's Home

      AKHA Meeting

      Joseph Adams, director of AKHA research, will present "THE HARMAN BLENNERHASSETT CONSPIRACY" Occult activities, ancient mysteries, political intrigue, and high treason in early Kentucky.

      July 31, 2:00 PM           Falls of the Ohio Interpretive Center

      Ancient History Film Series: Aztecs: Inside the Hidden Empire

                Beneath the sprawl of modern-day Mexico City lie the once-glorious remains of the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan.   From this teeming 15th Century hub, the Aztecs ruled a realm of fabulous architecture, advanced science, and intricate artwork. They are best known, however, for their reliance on human sacrifice and violent conquest to control their world.

                Why, then, did a civilization capable of such beauty and accomplishment harbor such violence at its very heart?

                In this film, researchers journey from the magnificent past of one of North America's greatest empires to its poignant remnants today.

                Viewers visit the ghostly ruins of Teotihuacan, where the Aztec myth was born, and through virtual-reality see the long-vanished Tenochtitlan rise again in its entire ceremonial splendor.

                Then the Spanish arrive, and grisly excesses of both sides ultimately lead to the Aztecs' downfall.

      Midwestern Epigraphic Society A public, non-profit tax exempt organization 501(c)(3) under IRS Regulations

      2010 Symposiums:

      Sept 17-19, 2010 AAPS - Ancient Artifact Preservation Society, Marquette, MI

      Oct 8-10, 2010 MES - Midwestern Epigraphic Society Symposium - Dr Reinoud de Jonge, Key Speaker - Rocks and Rows. Scott Wolter - The Hooked X.

      Last week's show:  Catching Up

       Site of the week:  St. Croix Archaeological Society

      Oopa Loopa Cafe merchandise Tell the world you're a Looper!!

      Did you receive this newsletter from someone else and would you like to receive it regularly? If so please send an email to oz@..., subject "Subscribe"

      Thanks for listening

      Your host

      Rick Osmon, aka Oz

      http://oopaloopacafe.com to find great info about guests and previous shows

      http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe to listen to the live shows and join the chat

      Call in during show (646) 652-2720

      Mobile (not during live show, please) (812) 259-1102

      oz@...